Tagged: Sales Representative
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 9 months ago by uleboruki.
September 6, 2019 at 7:19 pm #647468uleborukiGuest
Sales Representative- Technical & Key Sales Accounts
Sales Representative- Technical & Key Sales Accounts Job Description
The Sales Representative – Technical and Key Accounts (SR) plays an important role in driving the sales numbers of the business with respect to both the non-fuel and fuel parts of the business to specific channel(s}. The SR will report to the GM and will be responsible for:
- Management of the trade strategies and distribution of the products in the defined channels and implementation and execution of specific projects specifically, energy/ infrastructure, port, government, industrial plant, marine and any other sector as identified by the GM.
- Understanding the channel strategy and developing a trade plan to accomplish it. The SR must also monitor and evaluate market trends, consumer behaviour and competitor activities and identify new opportunities or evaluate potential risks in the environment.
- Achieving agreed sales targets
- Delivering consistent and continuous channel penetration and sales growth though business development of key accounts
- Building strong customer relationships
- Proven ability to plan, develop and execute sales strategies
- Well developed commercial awareness
- Excellent communication, listening and presentation skills
- Some understanding and using a CRM
- Complies with the Division’s policies and procedures including placement of customer orders, requisitioning of products, collection of the company’s monies, customer visits, daily reporting, sales planning and post mortem analysis in addition to others.
- Completes and follows REL’s Sales Technical process end to end to advise customers on the correct product for use; provides technical advice to sales team as when/required.
- Manages the demand planning process for the channel in order to prepare and assure the sales plan and the volume objectives are achieved
- Collects deep customer knowledge through in depth profiling to deepen customer relationships and win new business; proactively updates profiles as information changes.
- Documents competitor offerings, pricing and promotional strategies to inform company’s strategy
- Coordinates the implementation of marketing activities to contribute directly with the alignment of the sales strategy
- Generates and presents compelling sales pitch.
- Maintains a strong viable ongoing sales pipeline.
- Makes daily face to face sales calls in existing and prospective accounts in accordance with customer visit schedules.
- Reports immediately any customer accounts lost or under threat with recommendations to hold account.
- Assures an efficient and effective distribution system in order to reach target channel customers in the most efficient way
- Improves efficiency and effectiveness while maintaining current capabilities
- Manages the sales and distribution KPls and customer satisfaction indicators for the channel like sales vs. budget, sales productivity, sales effectiveness, delivery effectiveness and customer satisfaction
- Supervises the channel budget to establish control on distribution cost
- Forges, maintains, manages and develops strong channel relationships that enable REL to grow and maintain dominant positions in this channel in new and existing accounts
- Coordinates the implementation of trade activities with other departments to achieve activities target
- Identifies and develops key opportunities in distribution and trade marketing that improve company share of wallet
Health, Safety and the Environment:
- Takes all reasonable care to ensure that day-to-day activities do not pose a safety risk/hazard/violation to other employees within the division.
- Liaises with the Health, Safety and Environment Manager/Officer/Designate on all instances of non-compliance by employees to the Occupational Safety and Health Act 2004 (rev 2006) and the Company’s Health, Safety and Environment guidelines so that immediate action could be taken to correct same.
- Liaises with the Health, Safety and Environment Manager/Officer/Designate in all instances of non-compliance by employees with reference to the company’s approved Health, Safety and Management System
- Reports, as observed, all accidents/ incidents/near misses to the Health, Safety and Environment Manager/Officer/Designate immediately so that investigations can commence in a timely manner.
- Attends all safety meetings as outlined in the approved schedule or as directed by the Health, Safety and Environment Manager/Officer/Designate.
- Participates in the company’s Employee Awareness Program.
- Participates in the company’s Hazard Identification Program.
- Participates in the company’s Site Safety Standards.
- Participates in the company’s Permit to Work and Safe Work Systems.
- Reports all instances of environmental non-compliance to the company’s Health, Safety and Management System to the Health, Safety and Environment Manager/Officer/Designate and in his absence the Divisional Manager: Fuel and Transport
- Participates in the company’s Action Plan geared towards compliance to the OSHAct and the Environmental Management Authority.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.