Tagged: Government jobs, Purchasing Officer, Purchasing Officer Vacancy, RDC, Rural Development Company, Rural Development Company of Trinidad & Tobago, Rural Development Company of Trinidad & Tobago Limited, Rural Development Company of Trinidad & Tobago LTD
June 11, 2020 at 11:24 am #838764rowenakalb06117ParticipantPurchasing Officer Vacancy at RDC
Purchasing Officer Vacancy at RDCPurchasing OfficerRural Development Company of Trinidad & Tobago LimitedFull-time
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:1. Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates in order to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
2. Locate suppliers, using sources such as catalogues and the internet, and interview them to gather information about products to be ordered.
3. Prepare purchase orders and send copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests.
4. Negotiate with vendors and suppliers to achieve optimal cost savings.
5. Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
6. Perform buying duties when necessary.
7. Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems
8. Review requisition orders in order to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications.
9. Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports and price lists.
10. Continuously update purchase history for products purchased and the suppliers from whom the products were purchased
11. Track the status of requisitions, contracts, and orders.
12. Calculate costs of orders, and charge or forward invoices to appropriate accounts.
13. Compare suppliers’ bills with bids and purchase orders in order to verify accuracy.
14. Monitor in-house inventory movement for bookkeeping purposes.
15. Keep accurate records always.
16. Any other responsibilities and duties as may be assigned by the Programme Operations Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS:1. Minimum 3- 5 years of administrative or related experience
2. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
3. Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
4. Excellent communication skills- written and verbal.
5. Good analytical and strategic thinking skills.
6. Supervisory and management experience.
7. Very Punctual.
8. Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems.
9. Ability to analyse problems and strategize for better solutions.
10. Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
11. Accurate and precise attention to detail.
12. Ability to work well, alone, and with management and staff at all levels.
13. Goal-oriented, organized team player.
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS WEDNESDAY 17TH JUNE, 2020.Applications should state the position being applied for and be addressed:
Attention: Administrative Officer
Rural Development Company of Trinidad and Tobago Limited.
Skid Row Factory Road,
Brechin Castle,CouvaOnline applications should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.orgLATE AND UNSUITABLE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE
ACKNOWLEDGEDCouva Main Road, Couva-Tabaquite-Taiparo, Trinidad And Tobago
Sponsored Content: Study Zone Institute is located at #73 Eastern Main Road, Barataria (opposite Eastern Credit Union). It is a Trinidad private school that offers personalised learning to students writing S.E.A., C.S.E.C. and more. The environment at Study Zone Institute is safe, stress-free and comfortable with air-conditioned classrooms. Classes are offered to students ages 10 and over preparing for the Secondary Entrance Assessment (S.E.A.)
We care for all learners – delayed, distracted, unfocussed, accelerated, outspoken, quiet and more. We believe in creating an environment that allows each student to learn at his or her own pace. We aim to bridge the gap between a struggling student at the primary level and their success at exams at the secondary level.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.