- This topic is empty.
July 31, 2019 at 5:34 pm #647401ogahmnededopGuest
The On-the-Job Training Programme (OJT) is a pre-employment programme which offers participants between the ages of 16-35 an induction into the world of work and focuses on their acquisition of practical occupational skills and experience within organisations (public and private) in the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago.
The programme facilitates the placement of trainees for a maximum of twenty-four (24) months at five (5) different qualification levels and corresponding stipend rates as follows:
CXC, Craft Level Training
CAPE, A Level, Diploma
The Programme is now a Division of the Ministry as of May 31, 2017 since it was assigned to the Ministry of Labour and Small Enterprise Development on Wednesday September 23, 2015.
The Division’s responsibilities are:
- To provide individuals aged 16-35 with job skills and work based training opportunities that would offer them a foothold in the employment market.
- To match academic and vocational skills of prospective apprentices with labour market needs.
- To encourage young persons to adopt specific strategies and positive work attitudes in order to enhance their chances of successfully sustaining employment and self-employment opportunities.
- To inspire and motivate trainees to maximize the benefits to be derived from their participation in the programme.
- To facilitate improved self-respect, self-esteem and confidence among young individuals, thereby enhancing their ability to interact successfully in the wider community.
- To assist trainees in developing the professional and interpersonal skills necessary for success in the workplace, through its mandatory Trainee Development Programme.
- To forge strategic alliances with private and public sector employers in the creation of job opportunities and the development of the nation’s human resource capacity.
- To create a cadre of trained individuals with relevant job exposure, so they are able to access employment in various businesses and industries.
To download the ‘New Trainee Registration’ Form, please click the button below:
To download the ‘New Training Provider Registration’ Form, please click the button below:
Corner Chaguanas Main Road and Connector Road, Chaguanas
Tel: 671-3457 | 671-4447 | 671-7822 | 800-4OJT (4658)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.