- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 10 months ago by ovpebig.
August 28, 2019 at 5:05 pm #647440ovpebigGuest
Merchandiser Smith Robinson
Location – Point Fortin/La Brea / San Fernando
Merchandiser Smith Robinson description:
The Merchandiser is responsible for ensuring that products marketed by the Company and its Principals maintain optimum visibility wherever they are promoted or sold, are correctly priced and are in good condition, with the overall aim of maximizing sales.
Merchandiser Smith Robinson job responsibilities:
- Implements and maintains planogram and other written instructions for products in assigned stores to ensure that items are displayed in the desired manner.
- Maintains the cleanliness and appearance of shelf space and products in assigned areas to ensure optimal exposure.
- Removes products which are damaged or which are at or beyond the stipulated expiry cut off from shelves in a prompt manner.
- Ensures proper stock rotation by drawing stocks from the stores’ storerooms and repacking shelves when necessary.
- Sets up gondola ends when required to increase visibility of products.
- Provides information to retailers regarding products, including but not limited to product prices and promotional activity, in a timely manner.
- Ensures that products have the correct price signs and that they are always visible.
- Ensures that any promotional offers that are supposed to be ongoing are being executed in assigned outlets.
- Generates required reports as per assigned report sheet including but not limited to those on stock-outs, damaged goods and expired goods and all the respective areas in the report sheet.
- Informs Sales Representatives of such in a timely manner.
- Liaises with Sales Representatives and supervisors to address any issues which may arise in a timely manner to maintain good working relationships with stores.
- Develops trade relationships with customers’ lane supervisors, lane attendants and warehouse personnel.
- Plans all intended visits for each day in advance to meet established targets, and informs relevant personnel within two (2) hours of the work day in the event of an unforeseen emergency.
- Gains approval for and places promotional materials as appropriate.
- Seeks out sales or display opportunities continuously and negotiates increased facings or improved location if appropriate, to ensure that the Company’s products are in the most advantageous locations.
- Monitors competitive activity, notes any changes and advises the relevant personnel of same.
- Takes note of sales trends and customer preferences by analyzing sales patterns and auditing consumer responses, and relays such information to relevant Company personnel.
- Receives orders on behalf of Sales Representatives if necessary to ensure a continuous supply of the Company’s products at outlets.
- Implements and looks for general merchandising opportunities and opportunities to add value to the assigned brands
Merchandiser Smith Robinson position requirements:
- A minimum of five (5) GCE/CXC O’Level passes, two (2) of which must include English and Mathematics.
- At least one (1) year experience in a similar capacity would be an asset.
- May be required to have at least three (3) years driving experience without any driver fault accidents, based on assigned route.
- Must be required to have a valid Trinidad and Tobago Driver’s Permit based on assigned route.
- Availability and willingness to travel throughout Trinidad and Tobago
- May be required to own a reliable vehicle based on assigned route.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Influential and persuasive demeanor.
- Good negotiating skills.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Decision-making skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Flexibility in route assignments
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.