Tagged: BP HSE Manager, Health, HSE Officer Vacancies, RENTOKIL INITIAL (TRINIDAD) LIMITED, Safety and the Environment Officer, SAFETY HEALTH & ENVIRONMENT OFFICER, TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO BUREAU OF STANDARDS, TRINRICO STEEL & WIRE PRODUCTS LIMITED, TTBS
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 6 months ago by ilovapuvhlu.
November 14, 2019 at 2:07 pm #647772ilovapuvhluGuest
HSE Officer Vacancies various companies
BP HSE Manager – GPO Trinidad
Trinidad and Tobago – North – Port of Spain
Job profile summary:
The HSE Manager – GPO is responsible for managing and setting direction for a department of HSSE, and regulatory compliance professionals to establish and implement programmes that support the Line to deliver safe, reliable and compliant operations for Major Projects and any Cat B Projects in the portfolio across the Region.
The role leads the service delivery of HSSE and contributes to the strategic development of the GPO HSSE culture and supporting programmes to drive HSSE leadership behaviours and performance. To support these goals the role maintains the relevant HSSE and regulatory compliance management systems.
The HSE Manager – GPO is the focal point in the Region between GPO and that of GOO and GWO to deliver the region’s HSE requirements.
- Supports the GPO HSE Director in the health, safety, CCM/ER and environment discipline capability development in GPO
- Leads GPO Regional HSE team and the implementation of the GPO HSSE requirements for the Regional GPO Projects, accountable for the development of Regional GPO HSSE documents and processes to achieve HSSE performance improvement in line with business strategy and deliver the HSE Policy’s expectations
- Custodian of the Regional HSSE compliance management system
- Leads as a role model for HSSE, encouraging a strong ‘speak up and safety culture, and leads the HSSE team in accordance with the Upstream Safety Leadership Principles, BP Values and Behaviours, ethics and compliance, rules and processes whilst providing to the team performance management, technical development and coaching. Manages a team of HSE professionals to provide guidance and advice to the GPO workforce concerning HSE procedures / programmes, hazard identification and promotional activities to raise HSE awareness and understanding
- Defines and embeds the Project HSE and HSSE Legal and Compliance self-verification and oversight framework ensuring the activity and risk of project activities is managed identifying gaps and solutions. Communicates items to address, creates gap closure plans and supports the implementation of solutions
- Defines and embeds the incident investigation process to determine causal and contributory factors and develop recommendations
- Manages the response to HSE issues identified from investigations with the appropriate leaders so that learnings are embedded systematically to continually improve HSE performance
- Manages the process to develop insights from HSE metrics analysis, HSE self-verification and incident investigation findings. Advises on emerging risks and HSE improvement opportunities and provides direction to improve the HSE performance
- Regional HSE Project focal point for Regional HSE GOO and GWO relationship to ensure the delivery of resources managed by the GOO team on behalf of the GPO Region through Service Level Agreements. These include Incident investigation, contractor safety management, C&EA, RCE, CCM ER, Security and Health
- Supports GPO and Segment to meet relevant OMS sub-elements, BP GPO Upstream practices and BP Practices and local regulatory requirements
- Manages the regional regulatory stakeholder relationships
- Manages the HSE function budget preparation, cost control, develops staff capability and carries out performance assessments
- Implements programs to systematically verify that HSE equipment and services provided by suppliers and contractors meet contractual and BP Requirements (2.5)
- Conduct verification activity of the quality of incident investigations and resulting corrective actions. (4.4)
- Member of the GPO HSSE Network
- Facilitates project SORC
- Degree in HSE related discipline, Engineering or Science
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety equivalent or IEMA Diploma or equivalent or IOHA accreditation or equivalent
- SLL / FLL modules
- Within two years achieves Chartered status of Institute of Occupational Safety or Health or Certified Safety Professional or Certified Industrial Hygienist or equivalent
Essential experience and job requirements:
- Extensive relevant experience including Major Projects experience in an HSSE role demonstrating personal and process safety leadership skills with highly advanced knowledge of HSSE, CCM ER and regulatory systems, standards and policy in the oil and gas, or other high hazard industries
- Advanced technical knowledge and experience in hazard identification, with detailed knowledge of HSSE practices and procedures and delivery of safety programmes
- Considerable people leadership and stakeholder management experience
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world’s ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
BP is one of the world’s leading international oil and gas companies. Through our work we provide customers with fuel for transportation, energy for heat and light, lubricants to keep engines moving, and the petrochemicals products used to make everyday items as diverse as paints, clothes and packaging. Our objective is to create value for shareholders and supplies of energy for the world in a safe and responsible way. We strive to be a safety leader in our industry, a world-class operator, a responsible corporate citizen and a good employer.
Our Upstream segment is responsible for our activities in oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, and midstream transportation, storage and processing.
At the same time, we’re investing in the talents of the 20,000 people who work to make these activities a reality.
HSE Officer Vacancies
Health, Safety and the Environment Officer
TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO BUREAU OF STANDARDS
Position Title: Health, Safety and the Environment Officer
Position Reports to: Executive Director
To provide the necessary planning, training, awareness, orientation, implementation and monitoring of a Health, Safety and Environment Management System (HSEMS) in alignment with the provisions of the Occupational, Safety, Health and Environmental Management Acts as well as appropriate International Standards
- Provide expert health safety and environmental advice throughout the organization, in particular, at Senior Management Level to facilitate and create an appropriate Heath, Safety and Environment culture.
- Maintain health safety and environmental records including accident, incident and near misses statistics, up to date list of Health Safety and Environmental Committee members, First Aiders, First Response Team members, and their designated areas of operation.
- Coordinate along with top management and process owners the development and execution of the Bureau’s HSE risk management strategy inclusive of safe systems of work, risk assessments and implementation of documented risk mitigation measures
- Develops, reviews and co-ordinates details of procedures that have been developed including those for Emergency Response, the issue of Personal Protective Equipment, Occupational Health, Risk Management and Accident Investigation inter alia.
- Oversight of evacuation and emergency plans/responses.
- Oversee, coordinate and process accident, incident and near misses report forms and ensure that investigations are undertaken and action taken to prevent recurrence and where appropriate to formally notify the Occupational Safety and Health Agency.
- Provide technical support to the Bureau in the procurement of services, tools and equipment.
- Ensure effective coordination of the HSE requirements of all TTBS sites.
- Ensure effective coordination (where TTBS has control) of the HSE requirements for outsourced activities and the operation of third party contractors on any site.
- Ensure the provision of all required HSE information, instruction and training as required to support the Bureau’s HSE strategy through its internal communication mechanism.
- Undertake scheduled/unscheduled inspections/audits of all sites where work activity sanctioned by the Bureau takes place to ensure compliance with legislation and conformity to TTBS HSE requirements is achieved and maintained. Records of all inspections/audits should be kept and made available when required.
- Provide technical advice on the operations of the HSE Committee, and liaise with committee members in the execution of approved activities to facilitate implementation of the HSE management system.
- Actively participates as a member of the Management Team of TTBS.
- Assists in the development of the overall strategic and HSE strategy of the TTBS on the specific technical area of competence.
- Assists in the development of an overall Risk Mitigation and Business Continuity strategy for the Metrology Division in consultation with the Executive Director.
- Responsible for analyzing and managing expenditure within approved budgetary guidelines
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the Quality Management System and Infrastructure of the HSE Department.
- In consultation with the Strategic Human Resources and Development Division, provide leadership in manpower planning, succession planning and the establishment of competency and training and development programmes for Divisional staff
- Responsible for rewarding, recognizing and disciplining employees in the Division in keeping with Company Policies and the Collective Agreement.
- Represents the TTBS at the national, regional and international levels.
NEBOSH National Diploma in OH&S or similar type certification. First Degree in Health and Safety, or Health Safety and Environment or Natural science augmented by professional OH&S certification
At least five years experience in a similar position. At least three years minimum experience in a quality management environment. Experience in quality infrastructure environment would be an asset.
- Ability to liaise with regional and international bodies involved in the development of Standards and associated specifications
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with government officials, the business community, regional and international associates, and members of the public.
- Sound knowledge of the Occupational Safety and Health Act and other relevant legislation
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Problem-solving and conflict management skills
- Strong organizational skills.
- Project Management skills
SENIOR HEALTH AND SAFETY OFFICER
TRINRICO STEEL & WIRE PRODUCTS LIMITED
- San Fernando
Senior Health & Safety Officer
A LEADING MANUFACTURER & DISTRIBUTOR IN SAN FERNANDO IS SEEKING TO FILL THE POSITION OF THE FOLLOWING:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise Safety and Health officers of the HSE Department
- Develop and implement HSE performance plans
- Monitor and report HSE performance of the Company’s operations to achieve HSE improvement
- Conduct workplace safety and health inspections and compliance audits
- Conduct and report on the findings of risk assessments
- Develop and implement emergency response plans
- Accident and incident investigation and reporting
- Monitor the HSE performance of contractors
- Identification of HSE related training and conducting in-house training
- Conduct Safety Committee Meetings, toolbox meetings and safety orientation/induction
- Ensure compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Environmental legislation and regulations; and legislation
- Implement effective Health, Safety and Environment Management Systems
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and guidelines to improve HSE performance in the Company and ensure compliance
Knowledge and Experience:
- BSc. in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent
- NEBOSH Certificate will be an asset
- At least three years experience in a similar position
- Experience in implementing Safety Health and Environmental Management Systems
- Working Knowledge of the OSH Act and the Environmental Management Authority Act
- Knowledge and Experience in the conduct and reporting the findings of risk assessments
- Working knowledge of Contractor Safety Management
- Knowledge and Experience in conducting Accident Investigation and Reporting
- Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Hygiene
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, organizational and presentation skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organization and administrative skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be flexible, honest and reliable
- Good interpersonal skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Time Management
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE FORWARDED TO:
- Pension Plan
- Health Plan
- Leave Benefits
THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER
1A COTTAGE ROAD
SAFETY HEALTH & ENVIRONMENT OFFICER
RENTOKIL INITIAL (TRINIDAD) LIMITED
- San Juan/Barataria / Port-of-Spain
The Safety Health & Environment (SHE) Officer role is to provide the support required to Line Management so that they can execute their SHE responsibilities in line with the Rentokil Initial SHE Management system and obligations set out in Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Act.
Duties and Responsibilities
SHE Management System
- Understand and ensure that the SHE Management System is implemented
Provide SHE support to line managers and colleagues within the area of responsibility to enable them to execute their responsibilities in line with the Management System
Support management in addressing non-conformances in SHE Health Check through ensuring that SHE Management system requirements are in place
Facilitate plans and get involved, where required, to carry out activities necessary to address corrective actions
Ensure that SHE records and documentation, critical to the overall effectiveness of SHE management, are maintained and readily available, e.g. statutory inspections/tests of work equipment, inspection/maintenance schedules, training records
Raise concerns during Head of Department Meetings and/or with the General Manager with regards to outstanding items or areas of concerns
Support the business with the SHE Accreditation Process
Incident Reporting & Investigations
- Provide support to line managers to ensure that accidents, incidents and work-related cases are reported and investigated in accordance with the SHE Management System reporting and investigation procedure
Support line manager in the completion of outstanding investigations and corrective actions arising from the investigation process
Update, review and validate Incident and Accident reports on SINA and provide monthly reports to the General Manager
Support the implementation of SHE processes, procedures and associated documentation
Support implementation of SHE risk control measures
Ensure that Site Specific Risk Assessments are completed in line with SHE Management System Procedure
Support the business with Emergency Planning
Support management in carrying out trials in line with the SHE approval process
- Support the delivery of SHE learning programmes to ensure that employees have the required knowledge, skills and training to competently perform their work in a safe and environmentally sound manner. e.g.:
SHE theme training
SOP’s (SHE Specific)
Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS)
Any other training required
Attend Proof Of Delivery (POD) Meetings/Branch Meetings in line with dates provided, where possible
Conduct the SHE component of new employee induction, where possible, which may not always be on the first day of employment
Maintain a register of training for each business
- Support Line Manager in the completion of the monthly SHE report
Review SHE Report (quality assessment) and forward report to the SHE Team
Review minutes from the report and ensure that outstanding items are addressed
Raise any areas that have not been adequately addressed with the Business Manager
- Support the Line Manager as a backup by attending Medical Appointment when nominated Line Manager is not available
Facilitate meeting with the injured worker and line manager to ensure that the injured worker understands their rights and obligations in regards to ‘Return to Work’ (RTW).
Ensure that claims are lodged within the required timeframe and follow-up claim acceptance or denial.
Forward required documentation to and Human Resource Department
Support Line Management with day to day management of claims – sending through proposed RTW plans and following up medical certificates
Facilitate meeting with the injured worker and line manager to ensure that plan, recovery, etc. is on track.
Liaise with Human Resource Department, the Insurer in regards to strategy
Attend claims reviews (quarterly)
Attend Conciliations – when required
Update Shared Drive with the required information
- Promote, display, encourage and reinforce positive behaviours, in line with the Rentokil Initial values and behaviours
Ensure that the iLEAD Program is in place by line management
Maintain an effective working knowledge of the business unit activities
Communicate and consult effectively with SHE management team, colleagues, customers and other stakeholders
Facilitate and participate in business/branch SHE meetings and training/networking events and follow agreed-on SHE Agenda
Participate in Head of Department / Business Leadership Meetings
Promote and recognise SHE achievements via regular SHE communications, reports, SHE conference calls and meetings
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Participate in Integration Meetings with other functional areas
Implement the agreed Integration plan for SHE within the required timeframes
Policies and Procedures
- The policies and procedures set by the company are practised and reflect 100% compliance.
Ensure all company policies and procedures are understood through training and awareness and practised by all staff, i.e. OH&S, Human Resources, Security Policy Compliance
Ensure you wear the necessary protective clothing and equipment where appropriately needed.
Qualifications and Experience
Skills and Competencies
- Three (3) years Health & Safety experience in a support role
Recognised Safety Health & Environment certification and qualifications
- Excellent communications skills (both verbal and written); persuasive with the ability to positively influence/inspire managers and supervisors at all levels; able to command respect from others and establish a high degree of professional credibility
- Valid driver’s license
- IT skills including the use of Microsoft Office and data management systems
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the principles of SHE management and the development and implementation of effective SHE management systems
- Demonstrate commercial awareness and a thorough understanding of the commercial benefits of effective SHE management
- Proven ability to present and train
EMPLOYER NOT DISCLOSED
- Couva/Point Lisas / Chaguanas / Port-of-Spain
HSEQ MANAGER – To effectively maintain and audit a HSE & Q management system to 3rd party certification standards.
To effectively maintain and audit a HSE & Q management system to 3rd party certification standards. Ensure HSE best practice standards are implemented while maintaining Statutory compliance.
- Implement and maintain the HSE & Q Management System (HSEQ Policies/ Procedures/ Practices)
- Maintain relevant HSE certification (STOWTT)
- Promote the safety culture in our people and contractors
- Promote “Zero Accidents”
- Promote the safety training program
- Results orientation
- Analytical Thinking
- Ethics and discipline
- System Health, Safety and Environment (Marine Safety)
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Engineering, Natural Sciences, Occupational Health & Safety
- Diploma in NEBOSH/ Occupational Safety & Health or Equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an industrial / marine environment
Only suitably qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview
Jobs and vacant positions can be posted here for the whole world to see for free. Have a skill, product or service you would like to offer post it here.
StudyZoneInstitute.com is the home for students, teachers and parents to find useful information and materials for teaching and learning. Read about active learning, types of learners, learning environments, the students in the classroom, focus exercises, learning with technology, outdoor learning, teaching aids, parents’ involvement and more.
By Kielon Hilaire. I remember when I was just a little boy and all the joys the Christmas season used to bring. Picture a child of eight years old eagerly counting down the days till Christmas while impatiently awaiting everything but his two front teeth.
HSE Officer Vacancies
HSE Officer Vacancies
HSE Officer Vacancies
HSE Officer Vacancies
HSE Officer Vacancies
HSE Officer Vacancies
HSE Officer Vacancies
HSE Officer Vacancies
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.