- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years, 5 months ago by Evawal.
January 18, 2019 at 11:28 am #719400EvawalGuestThe Chancellor Boutique Hotel, Hotel Cook must send CV via email with requested information. Please read the job post before applying. Full-time #5 St. Anns Avenue, St. Anns, Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
HOTEL COOK resume must include:
* A short paragraph on why you are best suited to this position
*1 recent passport size photo
*2 recent recommendations (no older than 6 months) Unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged.
The ideal HOTEL COOK candidate:
• Must be able to work 6 AM shift
• Fluent in English (written, verbal, speaking)
• Excellent communication skills
• A minimum of 3 C.X.C passes, which should include Maths & English / High School Diploma
• Culinary arts certification from accredited school preferred
• Must be multifaceted – able to prepare a range of food items (baked goods/pastries, lunches, dinners, etc)
• Minimum 1 year experience working in cooking or production cooking in a full-service dining establishment or food service establishment preferred.
• Demonstrates knowledge of food preparation and presentation. • Capable of following procedures and taking direction.
• Possesses the ability to read recipes, production lists, stock management and any other necessary collateral paperwork, such as diagrams and logs, to be able to perform necessary duties.
• Ability to work a varied schedule that may include public holidays, evenings, nights, and weekends.
• Excellent grooming standards.
• A passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service.
• A current Food Handler’s Card/Badge
• ****Live within a reasonable travel distance to the hotel
HOTEL COOK Responsibilities & Duties include but are not limited to:
• Possesses an above average knowledge of basic food products (meat, poultry, fish, produce, dry goods, etc.), and standard food production equipment.
• Possesses above average knife skills; ability to perform basic cooking methods, as well as the ability to multitask within those basic cooking methods
• Possesses adequate understanding of the food rotation method “FIFO” and is directly responsible for labeling and dating all food items on their designated stations as well as the kitchen as a whole; make sure all food items are within expiration dates or if not that they are disposed of and properly logged on waste sheets.
*This job is located in Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago: No relocation assistance provided *Must have valid work permit / residency / citizenship for Trinidad & Tobago
*Should you be successful in your interview you will be required to submit a valid Police Certificate of Character (no older than 6 months)
Should you meet the above criteria, please send a detailed resume via email to: email@example.com
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Apply to more job vacancies here
See articles on Trinidad and Tobago here
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.