July 8, 2020 at 9:30 am #841417roselonon93Participant
Delegation of the European Union to Trinidad and Tobago Vacancies
Delegation of the European Union to Trinidad and Tobago Vacancies
Delegation of the European Union to Trinidad and Tobago
Vacancy – Accounts Clerk
Available since 30/06/2020 – 16:16
The European Union Delegation to Trinidad and Tobago is looking for:
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago has represented the European Union (EU) in Trinidad and Tobago since 1976. Its activities encompass development cooperation, political, security, economic and trade relations, and other areas of mutual interest between the European Union and Trinidad and Tobago.
We offer a post of Accounts clerk . Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Accounts clerk – this job function may change in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function the successful candidate will serve as technical and support staff for administrative tasks and responsibilities under the supervision and responsibility of the Head of Administration.
The administrative tasks refer to the main work areas:
- Budget Management (administrative budget planning, follow up on budget consumption, budget reservations for administrative expenditures in line with the institution’s accountancy plan)
- Financial Management (initiation of financial transactions, verification of invoices and information on beneficiaries regarding payment obligations under contractual agreements, orders, cost claims; preparation of bank transfers and bank correspondence, cash transactions; booking of expenditures and revenues according to the accountancy plan, VAT reclaims and applicable local taxation procedures; and management of financial assets and inventories,
- Filing and reporting duties on budgetary, financial and contractual tasks.
The Delegation is located in Port of Spain and operates with diplomatic staff (expatriate staff from various EU Member States) and locally recruited staff members in support functions. The weekly work time for local staff is 37.5h. The Delegation offers flexible work time for work hours outside the daily core times.
The post is in group 3 with a starting basic salary of 16,815 TTD monthly.
We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
- Medically fit to perform the required duties;
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under local law;
- Very good knowledge of English
- Good knowledge of IT tools (Accountancy systems, Microsoft Office, Outlook);
- Tertiary education with diploma in Accounting or Business Administration
- Work experience in accountancy and financial management of min. three years
The following will be considered an asset:
- University degree in accounting
- Experience in financial circuits in large organisations, local taxation and customs procedures
- Work experience in an international environment
- Commitment to accuracy, priorities, rules, instructions and deadlines, attention to detail, discretion, good analytical and organizational skills, responsive to work demands
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail) before 20 July 2020, 5pm. The package has to include the following documents: a cover letter, your detailed CV (the completed form published with this vacancy notice is mandatory, see attached template below ), proof of education level (diploma) and of relevant work experience (employment certificates/job letters).
The selection procedure
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase which may include an interview and written tests – during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to email@example.com(link sends e-mail).
The deadline for applications is: 20 July 2020, 5pm local time
Sagicor Financial Centre, Queen’s Park West 16, Port of Spain
Telephone: +1 868 622 66 28
Fax: +1 868 622 63 55
[caption id="attachment_840332" align="alignnone" width="732"] Click Ad for details[/caption]
Jobs and vacant positions can be posted here for the whole world to see for free. Have a skill, product or service you would like to offer post it here.
Public Sector Vacancies July 2020 The National Entrepreneurship Development Company Limited (NEDCO), a leading micro-financing institution mandated to provide credit and support to the small and micro business sector, is seeking suitably qualified, driven, service-oriented candidates to fill the permanent position: Deadline for Applications: FRIDAY 31 JULY 2020 The Ministry
International Criminal Court Vacancies. Read and create exciting forums about Trinidad and Tobago on Sweet TnT’s Magazine Website
Another year begins and you have not even completed your last year’s resolution to save money while making just enough to get you by. This can be very frustrating as you have failed to fulfill a promise that you made to yourself once again.
We care for students who are delayed, distracted, unfocussed, accelerated, outspoken, quiet and more. We believe in creating an environment that allows each student to learn at his or her own pace. Study Zone Institute is located at #73 Eastern Main Road, Barataria, Trinidad.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.