- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years, 7 months ago by eyideguqu.
October 19, 2019 at 9:49 am #647724eyideguquGuest
CORPORATE SECRETARY GRANT THORNTON ORBIT SOLUTIONS LTD
CORPORATE SECRETARY GRANT THORNTON ORBIT SOLUTIONS LTD
The Corporate Secretary is responsible for the efficient and effective administration of the company, particularly regarding ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and the decisions of the Board of Directors are implemented and corporate matters advanced.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Maintains Confidentiality and uses a high degree of discretion;
- Ensures that the members of the Company’s Board of Directors (BoD) have the proper advice and resources for discharging their fiduciary duties to stakeholders under the lawand the records of the Board’s actions reflect the proper exercise of those fiduciary duties;
- Operates as an active partner with board members to ensure board effectiveness and good governance; an advisor to the board to ensure that policy and intent are manifested correctly; a resource to provide trends and information; and the in-house ombudsman;
- Develops and administers Corporate Governance Principles and Guidelines and provides advice on corporate governance issues to the BoD, senior executives and managers;
- Develops and implements corporate procedural and administrative systems that focus on compliance matters and corporate governance affairs in supporting the successful operations of the company;
- Oversees the creation of an effective corporate record-keeping system, ensuring that records are accurate, filed, indexed, and kept up-to-date, protected and accessible, all in accordance with the law and compliance requirements;
- Coordinates the preparation for all meetings of the BoD and board subcommittees; prepares and distributes board/committee preparatory papers, briefing material, meeting agendas, notifications, and so on;
- Prepares reports on outstanding agenda items and takes all necessary action to ensure that the information is provided in a timely manner for consideration by the board/committee members;
- Attends BoD and sub-committee meetings, records minutes and prepares final documents for distribution, highlighting board and committee decisions and/or information items, actions and directives;
- Advises members of the legal, governance, accounting and tax implications of proposed policies, and updates relevant policies, where necessary;
- Collates information, prepares correspondence, and writes reports, ensuring that the decisions made, and the actions to be taken by the Authority are communicated to the relevant stakeholders;
- Manages project deadlines for the BoD and assists in the development of quality standards for consistent reporting’
- Organises and maintains an annual timetable and diary of key meetings for the company BoD and board sub-committees;
- Serves as a focal point for communication with and between the BoD and senior executives, managers and the company’s stakeholders;
- Fosters an environment of teamwork and unity of purpose between the BoD and senior executives, managers and staff of the company;
- Monitors changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and takes appropriate action;
- Develops and delivers relevant orientation and training to the members of the BoD, senior executives and managers; and
- Represents the company in an official capacity, as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor of Laws degree (LLB) or ICSA qualification;
- Eight (8) years’ experience as a Corporate Secretary would be an asset;
- Corporate Secretary in any sector will be an asset; and
- Any other equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrates discretion when handling confidential information.
- Sound understanding of governance processes and procedures.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Strength of character, integrity and professionalism.
- A keen eye for detail and good knowledge of company law.
- Knowledge of board and committee procedures and experience in minute taking
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise and meet multiple deadlines.
- Proven track record in the design, development, and implementation of corporate procedural and administrative systems, processes and procedures.
- Ability to build trust, credibility and effective working relationships with all levels of staff within the organization and external stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Competent in computer usage and the Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel and Power Point).
Powered by Embed YouTube Video
Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago – Sweet TnT Magazine
Jobs and vacant positions can be posted here for the whole world to see for free. Have a skill, product or service you would like to offer post it here.
How to save money on a low income in 2019 – Sweet TnT Magazine
Another year begins and you have not even completed your last year’s resolution to save money while making just enough to get you by. This can be very frustrating as you have failed to fulfill a promise that you made to yourself once again.
How to make grilled sorrel chicken – Sweet TnT Magazine
There is nothing that says Christmas more than sorrel so when you do your chicken why not try sorrel chicken. You see sorrel selling everywhere on our highways and byways, in markets and groceries all around the country. This is a recipe that goes well with grilled chicken or the Christmas baked turkey.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.