Tagged: BP, BP Vacancies, BP Vacancies 2019, British petroleum, CAT B, Construction Manager, jobs in hydrocarbons, jobs in petroleum industry, Permanent, petroleum, petroleum jobs, petroleum Vacancies, Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years, 3 months ago by oqocucijjer.
February 3, 2019 at 6:51 pm #736076oqocucijjerGuest
Construction Engineer, BP, Trinidad and Tobago, Permanent
Construction Engineer, BP
The Construction Engineer will report to the Cat B Construction Manager and will play a key role in managing all aspects of Construction (constructability during design, fabrication and installation) activities for the Category B project portfolio. In addition, the position will ensure all Trinidad projects are delivered to GPO construction functions expectations. The role holds responsibility for contractor oversight, stakeholder management, and execution performance management (schedule, cost, quality assurance, reporting). The role also holds responsibility for ensuring BPs HSSE expectations are included in the planning and are delivered during subsequent execution of the project.
Is this a part time position? No
Travel required Yes – up to 25%
Application close date 14-Feb-2019
- Manage HSSE performance of BP construction staff and all construction and fabrication contractors. Develop and execute HSSE programs for projects that achieve best in class HSE performance. Understand and assure compliance with all internal and legislative Health, Safety, Security and Environmental policies during construction activities.
- Accountable for delivering the project scope whilst meeting agreed schedules and cost targets safely in line with key performance targets.
- Engage and build the relationships that would harness the required integration of region GPO, GOO & Maintenance personnel for the success of Cat B projects.
- Identify keys risk to the project execution delivery and ensure adequate mitigation or contingency plans are in place.
- Assist in the planning and development of construction management/execution strategies
- Provide oversight and assist PM’s to ensure full compliance with BP processes for Control of Work, Management of Change, Authorization to Proceed, etc.
- Ensure that construction input is provided in all stages of project development.
- Support the development of project execution plans, and assurance activities, required by owners to support project progression investment decisions
- Participate in bidding and contractor selection process for project construction and fabrication.
- Endorse Project and Construction Execution Plans, support execution against them, monitor and intervene as required to ensure successful delivery.
- Provide input into staffing plans, budgets and schedules for the project.
- Ensure the quality of construction input into cost and schedule estimates.
- Ensure change management is adhered to down to the work front.
- Ensure QA for construction is implemented consistently. Ensure inspection quality and consistency with standards.
- Provide constructability input into VIP’s, Constructability Reviews, PHSSERS during project development and implementation.
- Ensure Lessons Learned are captured and shared.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline or Construction Management degree.Desirable criteria and qualifications
- The ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision.
- The ability to work effectively across technology functions and within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong track record of performance delivery.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with offshore modification work on operating platforms.
- Delivery minded and execute focused.
About BPWe are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world’s ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.BP is one of the world’s leading international oil and gas companies. Through our work we provide customers with fuel for transportation, energy for heat and light, lubricants to keep engines moving, and the petrochemicals products used to make everyday items as diverse as paints, clothes and packaging. Our objective is to create value for shareholders and supplies of energy for the world in a safe and responsible way. We strive to be a safety leader in our industry, a world-class operator, a responsible corporate citizen and a good employer.Our Upstream segment is responsible for our activities in oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, and midstream transportation, storage and processing.At the same time, we’re investing in the talents of the 20,000 people who work to make these activities a reality.Application close date14-Feb-2019Sub-categoryConstructionJob categoryPROJECTSEssential experience and job requirements
- Minimum 15 years of experience in project execution and construction management experience, including both onshore and offshore brownfield projects.
- Extensive construction experience on multiple projects of various size and complexity.
- Experience in executing upgrade projects on existing, aged infrastructure, including an
- understanding of plant integrity and how this may impact project scope.
- Familiar with enabling high workforce productivity in live facilities, through interfacing with operations management, prioritizing and scheduling activity, and logistics support, including the use of flotels, etc.
- Willingness and ability to travel offshore up to 25% of the time to fulfil the responsibilities of this job.
- Strong knowledge of Brownfield construction project management and engineering competencies, including implementation and conformance with MPcp, GPO Construction Defined Practice, GPO Lifting Procedure and the Construction Verification Procedures.
- Deep understanding of changes and the ability to analyse their consequences on a construction task.
- Have major Brownfield Experience working with the Trinidad Asset.
- Must have strong planning, interpersonal, communication and influencing and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to define and prioritize issues and solve problems through networking with other team members or external sources
- Must have the ability to interface effectively with people of all levels, both internal and third parties, with wide ranging cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrate high ethical conduct in procurement, contracts, evaluation of contractors and all other areas associated with procurement.
- Ability to lead teams of BP and contractor staff with focus on HSSE, quality, cost, schedule and operability.
- Understanding of logistics challenges of executing projects on existing facilities, including workforce mobilization, camp/welfare needs, etc.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for a chance to take part in our monthly giveaways
Apply to more job vacancies here
See articles on Trinidad and Tobago here
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.