- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 11 months ago by arnamigjopp.
September 1, 2019 at 12:20 pm #647454arnamigjoppGuest
ASSOCIATED BRANDS INDUSTRIES LTD
ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT ASSOCIATED BRANDS INDUSTRIES LTD
- San Juan/Barataria
- Not disclosed
- Permanent full-time
- Updated 23/08/2019
- Human Resources
Accounting Assistant DESCRIPTION
Accounting Assistant PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITES:
- Posting of journals to the General Ledger.
- Review of accounts payables and expenses.
- Assist in the preparation of Management Accounts.
- Assist in daily and monthly stock counts.
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned by management in an efficient and effective manner.
Minimum Qualification / Education:
- ACCA level 1
Skills / Experience:
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to coach, develop and empower employees
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of MS Office suite
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a similar position
- Able to prepare and present financial reports
- Auditing experience, preferably in a sales & distribution environment
- Experience with reconciliations
- AS400 experience will be an asset
We appreciate all applications but only those short listed for interview will be acknowledged.
- A team player
- Goal-oriented and self-motivated
- Able to multitask, work independently and manage competing priorities effectively
- Able to motivate and mentor others
HISTORY AND NATURE OF BUSINESS Associated Brands Industries Limited (ABIL) is the leading manufacturer and distributor of snack foods, chocolate confectionery, biscuits and breakfast cereals in the Caribbean. The Company has been in existence since 1974 and over the years has built up an extensive portfolio of brands including a range of about two hundred and sixteen (216) sku’s under the brand names Sunshine Snacks, Charles Candy, Devon Biscuits and Sunshine and Universal Cereals.
The Company’s manufacturing facilities are all located in Trinidad with distribution outlets in Jamaica, Barbados and St. Lucia. In total, the Company currently distributes its products to over 20 countries worldwide, reaching as far as Taiwan and Ireland. The Company has been expanding progressively over the years, constantly adding new products to its lines. During 2000, it began an extensive expansion that included redesigned production facilities, additional warehousing space as well as a new three-story corporate office complex.
The Company is headed by Arthur Lok Jack, one of the foremost businessmen in Trinidad and Tobago and the Caribbean. Mr. Lok Jack has been a key factor in the Company’s success over the years and he is supported by a team of highly qualified individuals all with long standing track records with the Company.
ABIL’s success encompasses unique and innovative merchandising, aggressive promotional and advertising programs as well as competitive pricing. The Company’s pricing strategy as well as the quality of its products has ensured affordable products to all.
ABIL’s marketing strategy is aimed at achieving growth via market penetration, market expansion and product diversification. In order to grow its market and customer base even further, the Company is currently developing a number of new market initiatives aimed at further enhancing its position throughout the Latin American region.
Specifically, expansion thrusts are being made into the Venezuelan, Colombian and the Dominican Republic markets. The company also manufactures a wide range of products for many supermarkets under their private labels, especially in the breakfast cereal category.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.