June 17, 2020 at 5:31 pm #839139foamiglighnistMember
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO MANAGING DIRECTOR
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO MANAGING DIRECTOR
MAPLE DISTRIBUTION LIMITED
Our offshore Managing Director/Owner is seeking a well qualified and experienced Executive Assistant.
Maple Distribution Limited is searching for an exceptionally talented and motivated professional to join our team as Executive Assistant to the Managing Director.
To be successful at Maple, you must have an agile intellect, a practical mindset, the ability to take initiative and the aptitude to exceed expectations! As Executive Assistant, you will directly support the MD with a variety of different tasks and assignments. You will provide administration and scheduling support, from scheduling meetings, appointments and travel to coordinate day to day business needs. You must quickly learn to anticipate needs and take the initiative to identify problems and offer creative solutions in a fast-paced environment.
Our Group offers varied services which include Freight & Logistics, Import & Distribution and E-Commerce businesses. Our MD is very specific on the quality of service offered to our customers and their experiences with us.
Your goal in this position is to represent the Managing Director in a professional and customer focused manner, and to provide a full range of administrative support to the daily activities of the MD. Utilising a broad-based knowledge of our Group, policies, administrative practices and procedures, you will manage a variable and broad range of administrative activities, manage relationships with both internal and external contacts, handle complaints, and resolve administrative issues. You will have effective written and verbal communication, critical thinking and problem solving skills. You will embrace the challenge of prioritising work demands in a fast paced and stressful environment. This position supports the Group’s mandate by advancing excellent customer service through teaching and learning and/or transforming through your experience innovation. This position contributes to the shared responsibility of ensuring the Group’s policies are followed to provide for a healthy and enjoyable environment for our staff and our customers.
On a practical level, you will:
- Provide administrative support to the daily activities of the MD
- Be responsible for effectively managing the MD’s schedules, which includes scheduling, foreseeing conflicts and developing solutions
- Support the MD by prioritising work to ensure deadlines are consistently met
- Be responsible for the timely processing of correspondence
- Handle a wide variety of inquiries and apply judgement in responding to inquiries autonomously
- Organise and maintain electronic and/or paper file management retrieval systems, including archiving correspondence and corporate documents
- Proactively identify requirements and prepare complex documents, presentations, databases, reports, spreadsheets, notices, using a variety of software programs with minimal direction
- Be responsible for ordering and maintaining the general office supplies
- Assist in coordinating events and meetings such as Board and Annual meetings
- Take minutes at meetings as required
- Undertake other duties as assigned.
- Last but certainly not least, maintaining a high level of confidentiality on matters which require such
- College diploma/certificate or university degree in Administration or equivalent
- Minimum five (5) years in a senior executive assistant position in a fast-paced, customer focused environment; preferably at the executive level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Outlook, etc.)
- Strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Proficiency in minute-taking, with the ability to write clear, concise and accurate minutes
- Excellent spelling, grammatical and typing skills
- Confident working under pressure in a fast-paced office with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively with the public, Board Members, Government Officials, external stakeholders and Hospital staff at all levels
- Attention to detail and resourceful
- Experience in presentation preparation, building draft presentations based on high level instruction without immediate and constant supervision.
- Ability to work in an independent and self-directed manner
- Demonstrated discretion, tact and diplomacy, to maintain confidentiality, and respect for privacy
- Strong knowledge of general office practices, procedures and standards
- Bilingualism in Spanish/English an asset
How to Apply
Think you’re the right person for the job? Here’s your first chance to show us why:
Ensure to meet the deadline – only applications received by the closing date will be considered. Closing date is July 17 2020
Our MD will be reviewing many of these applications. Shortlisted applicants will be speaking with him Directly. We will review all applications and will contact those selected for an initial telephone interview.RemunerationMonthly salary – TTD$10,500.00Benefits – Group MedicalFull time position
By Marissa Armoogam. Growing up I can clearly recall the fun my siblings and I had at each family gathering and event, be it a wedding, birthday or just a Trini day lime. As you all may know EVERY Trinbagonian event is usually accompanied by some extremely tantalising and delicious food like fish broth one of my favourite dishes.
With corn being readily available all over the country and rain falling almost every day, what better recipe to try than corn soup. You can try it the old fashioned way and grate a dried coconut to get it to taste like when Granny used to make it.
We care for all learners – delayed, distracted, unfocussed, accelerated, outspoken, quiet and more. We believe in creating an environment that allows each student to learn at his or her own pace. We aim to bridge the gap between a struggling student at the primary level and their success at exams at the secondary level.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.