Tagged: accounting jobs, Career Opportunity, CFO, CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER (TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO), Digicel, Digicel Vacancies, Digicel vacancy, employment, employment opportunity, job opportunity, jobs in trinidad and tobago, telecommunication jobs, tobago, Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago, Vacancies, vacancy, work
July 17, 2020 at 8:36 am #842543stanleybliss1Participant
Digicel Vacancy July 2020
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER (TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO)
The role of Chief Financial Officer is responsible for reporting the performance and financial controls of its market. It is also responsible for management of the finance function; and reports to the group CFO.
Digicel Group is a total communications and entertainment provider with operations in 31 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Asia Pacific.
After 18 years of operation, total investment to date stands at over US$5 billion worldwide. The company is renowned for delivering best value, best service and best network.
Digicel also runs a host of community-based initiatives across its markets and has set up Digicel Foundations in Haiti, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea and Trinidad and Tobago which focus on educational, cultural and social development programmes.
Visit http://www.digicelgroup.com for more information.
Chief Financial Officer (Trinidad and Tobago)
An integral part of the Digicel Senior Management Team, the role of Chief Financial Officer is responsible for reporting the performance and financial controls of its market. It is also responsible for management of the finance function; and reports to the group CFO. The CFO role provides an exciting, fast paced and challenging career opportunity for an experienced finance professional with excellent financial and astute commercial skills. You must have demonstrated your proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels, including to a Board of Directors.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and monitor the financial controls and procedures of the company and ensuring consistency of accounting policy and procedures.
- Recruit, train and ensure the day to day management of the Finance team.
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting to the Shareholders through the Digicel Group structure.
- Actively participate in the company financial matters and maintain relationships with financial institutions.
- Operational cash-flow management and balance sheet control.
- Review and sign off of the monthly board reports.
- Present the monthly performance of the business to the board and develop initiatives to improve the business performance.
- Review and presentation of business plans for new projects
- Review annual budget for the market and 3 year strategic plan
- Ownership of budget management and direct control over market spend
- Prepare ad hoc reports for Group CFO & market CEO
- Have an understanding of international best practice tax principles and an ability to align accounting procedures to local laws
Academic qualifications & experience:
- Qualified ACCA, CPA with a minimum of 8 years’ experience in a similar position
- Telecommunications experience is highly desirable.
- Emerging markets experience is desirable.
- Staff management experience is essential, as is a strong grasp of modern reporting systems.
- You must be willing and eager to contribute, as part of a senior management team, to the development of the markets in line with corporate objectives.
- The challenge will be to impose tight financial controls while ensuring the rapid growth of the company and work to tight timelines.
- Drive for results, sense of urgency, confidence, and passion for success are all attributes of the ideal candidate for this challenging and rewarding opportunity.
- Ability to make excellent presentations of the financial results to the senior management team, Board of Directors and Shareholders.
- Previous/ Current international experience will be an advantage.
[caption id="attachment_840332" align="alignnone" width="732"] Click Ad for details[/caption]
We care for students who are delayed, distracted, unfocused, accelerated, outspoken, quiet and more. We believe in creating an environment that allows each student to learn at his or her own pace. Study Zone Institute is located at #73 Eastern Main Road, Barataria, Trinidad.
Jobs and vacant positions can be posted here for the whole world to see for free. Have a skill, product or service you would like to offer post it here.
UTT Job Vacancies July 2020 Supports the Applications Administrator in ensuring that the Student Information System is fully functional and provides first line technical support to all users of the system. Develops and presents routine and ad-hoc reports to meet the University’s business processing needs.
Lopinot pastelle goes global after Tourism Trinidad Limited and the global tourism family launch campaign . At a time when the coronavirus pandemic has hit the global tourism sector, Tourism Trinidad Limited (TTL) and United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) launched a campaign on Friday June 23, 2020.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.