Tagged: banking jobs in Trinidad, job opportunity, RBC, Royal Bank, Royal Bank of Canada, Technical Systems Analyst
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 years, 5 months ago by Proxxxing.
January 10, 2019 at 2:26 pm #706476ProxxxingGuest
Technical Systems Analyst VacancyRoyal Bank of CanadaPort-of-Spain, Trinidad and TobagoPermanentTechnical Systems Analyst Application Deadline: 01/15/2019What is the opportunity? The Technical Systems Analyst is responsible to partner across IT and to assess, research, and analyze business, technical and system needs in order to resolve business systems issues by recommending technology solutions that meet sponsor/stakeholder needs.
Technical Systems Analyst What will you do?
- Design technical solutions that meet business requirements and project deliverables including component reusability, data sharing and security using different techniques and tools.
- Coordinate design phases for small to medium projects/programs, identifying, tracking and resolving technical issues.
- Prepare detailed technical specifications in accordance with all Project Office objectives for PLC and documentation.
- Organize and participate in walkthrough reviews of all technical specifications, programs and unit test plans.
- Co-ordinate and provide input to DBA in modifying existing database structures for different types of databases (IMS, DB2, Oracle, SQL etc.)
- Develop, code, document programs of average to high complexity using different languages. Writes unit test plans and provides coordination and support of testing using different tools.
- Prepare distribution lists and OM documentation and completes technical documentation and training material. Co-ordinates testing of joint project plans.
- Provide estimates on activities/tasks required to perform design, coding and unit testing, improving accuracy over time. Coordinates implementation planning and execution.
- Perform database/disaster recovery for individual databases along with performance tuning to improve performance of single function.
- High level planning of phases of projects meeting project objectives within budget and on time.
- Provides on-call support of applications, database etc.
- Effectively communicate and build rapport with team members, stakeholders and interface groups using a variety of techniques and collaboration from initiation to close.
- Facilitate small to medium size group meetings for technical design, problem solving and task implementation.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to technology partners.
- Resolve minor conflicts/issues and escalates others as appropriate.
Technical Systems Analyst What do you need to succeed?Must-have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information technology or related discipline or equivalent experience in programming disciplines.
- Experience with coding and development in .NET or Java application suite
- Fluent in technology and knowledge of software development methodologies/techniques
- Willing to perform tasks after hours on evenings and weekends as required
Technical Systems Analyst Nice-to-have
- MBA or MSC in IT related field
- Experience with Middleware technologies (ex. MQSeries/Websphere, XML) is an asset
- Knowledge of Cloud Technologies and Platforms (Pivotal, AWS, Azure)
- Knowledge of Source Code Management software Github, Jira
- Understanding of various project management methodologies e.g., Iterative, Waterfall, Agile
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
About RBCRoyal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis.We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit http://www.rbc.com .Join our Talent CommunityStay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC.Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at .Inclusion and Equal Opportunity EmploymentRBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
JOB SUMMARYCity: Port of SpainAddress: 3B Chancery LaneWork Hours/Week: 37.50Work Environment: OfficeEmployment Type: PermanentCareer Level: Experienced Hire/ProfessionalPay Type: SalariedRequired Travel (%): 0-25Exempt/Non-Exempt: N/APeople Manager: No
Technical Systems Analyst Candidates Apply here
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.