- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 7 months ago by ikocezesaizir.
October 26, 2019 at 9:01 am #647736ikocezesaizirGuest
Senior Lecturer UWI
Senior Lecturer UWI
Senior Lecturer/Lecturer In Human Anatomy
University of the West Indies – Department of Pre-Clinical Sciences
Location: Saint Augustine – Trinidad and Tobago Salary: Not Specified Hours: Full Time Contract Type: Permanent Placed On: 23rd October 2019 Closes: 10th November 2019
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate must possess a PhD (or equivalent doctorate by research) in Human Anatomy or related discipline.
Candidates must also possess a good track record of research in basic medical sciences or translational research.
Candidates with the following would have an advantage:
- Experience in teaching Human Anatomy (Gross Anatomy, Histology, Embryology) to medical students
- Familiarity with Problem-Based Learning (PBL) or small group learning methods
An MSc/MS in Anatomy or MBBS/MBChB as an additional qualification will be an asset.
- Delivering teaching via online and face-to-face modes
- Contributing to undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and curriculum development
- Pursing an active independent or collaborative research agenda
- Attracting extra-mural research grants
- Contributing to the administrative and support functions of the Department and Faculty
- Engaging in service to the community
- Actively participating in research activities as relevant to field
The Department places high priority on individuals of integrity who can work well in a team and student friendly environment. Candidates should also possess good communication and interpersonal skills. A good command of both oral and written English is essential. Candidates must also:
- Be able to complement the Department’s research agenda
- Be able to engage in team work with colleagues in teaching and research
- Have an interest in medical education research
Detailed application and full curriculum vitae should be sent to the Campus Registrar, c/o HR Division (Appointments Section), Main Administration Building, The University of the West Indies, St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I. via e-mail: HRApplications@sta.uwi.edu. Three (3) referees (one of whom should be from your present organization) must be indicated. Application forms may be obtained at http://www.sta.uwi.edu in the Faculty & Staff, Staff Vacancies section. Further particulars including remuneration package may also be obtained at the above address. In order to expedite the appointment procedures, applicants are advised to ask their referees to send their references under CONFIDENTIAL cover DIRECTLY to the Campus Registrar at the above address without waiting to be contacted by the University. Applications received after the deadline date will not be considered.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: November 10 2019
Jobs and vacant positions can be posted here for the whole world to see for free. Have a skill, product or service you would like to offer post it here.
StudyZoneInstitute.com is the home for students, teachers and parents to find useful information and materials for teaching and learning.Read about active learning, types of learners, learning environments, the students in the classroom, focus exercises, learning with technology, outdoor learning, teaching aids, parents’ involvement and more.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.