Tagged: finance, Financial Research, permanent position, Senior Financial Research Officer, Senior Financial Research Officer Vacancy The Trinidad and Tobago Securities and Exchange Commission (TTSEC), Trinidad and Tobago Securities and Exchange Commissio, TTSEC
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years, 8 months ago by KoldaktFG.
January 7, 2019 at 4:15 pm #707315KoldaktFGGuest
The Trinidad and Tobago Securities and Exchange Commission (TTSEC) invites applications to fill one (1) permanent position of: Senior Financial Research Officer
Senior Financial Research Officer Vacancy
The Trinidad and Tobago Securities and Exchange Commission
invites applications to fill one (1) permanent position of:
SENIOR FINANCIAL RESEARCH OFFICER IN THE POLICY, RESEARCH AND PLANNING DEPARTMENT
The incumbent is responsible for conducting and supervising research, analyzing the impact of developments in the securities regulatory environment and providing guidance on policy development relating to the various aspects of the securities industry.
- Develops policy papers, research documents, and other policy documents to facilitate the formation or amendment of regulatory measures, legislation, policies and practices
- Oversees the research, collection, and organizing of data or information needed to draft or revise the Division’s deliverables.
- Supervises data and information collection, integrity assessment and management of the Department’s databases.
- Utilizes data analytical techniques and conducts meaningful and relevant analyzes of data to inform policy decisions.
- Researches and analyses internationally accepted standards and developments to propose amendments to regulatory measures, legislation and internal practices.
- Participates in surveys and preparatory work for reviews of the local securities market regulatory framework.
- Participates in internal and external working groups relating to the development of regulatory measures or legislation.
- Researches and provides guidance for the drafting of responses relating to requests for data or information.
- Prepares and delivers presentations with respect to regulatory developments, policies, and procedures, and regulatory instruments.
- Monitors the delegation of tasks to Financial Research Officers (FROs) and ensures completion of assignments and tasks within deadlines.
- Provides guidance and feedback to Financial Research Officers on tasks and assignments.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance or any related field.
- Postgraduate qualification in Finance, Economics or Management will be considered an asset.
- 5-7 years’ experience at a professional or supervisory level in a related field
- Any other equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Sound understanding of securities market regulation and international best practices in securities regulation;
- Sound research, analytical, and report writing skills and the ability to assess the implications of domestic and international developments on existing laws and policies;
- Effective project management, organizational and presentation skills, including the ability to delegate and motivate;
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office’s standard applications (Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and Word).
- Knowledge of domestic and international financial markets and instruments
- Understanding of the economic principles and factors in the local and international economy and capital markets
- Knowledge of the principles and theory of macroeconomics and microeconomics
- Clear understanding of the Securities Industry Act, Companies Act in Trinidad and Tobago and other jurisdictions
- Research skills
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Competent in Microsoft Office Suite including database search skills
- Teamwork / Cooperation
- Initiative / Drive
- Customer Orientation
- Achievement Orientation
- Strategic Orientation
- Analytical Thinking
- Interpersonal Understanding
- Relationship Building
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.