- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 10 months ago by eoguhetekizuw.
August 14, 2019 at 5:47 pm #647427eoguhetekizuwGuest
Position vacant Senior Accounting Clerk Unit Trust Corporation
Suitably qualified persons are invited to submit applications to fill the following position:
Senior Clerk – BTP
Review and ensure that all USD and TTD automated transactions and adjustment batches processed by the Investment Centres are reflected in the USD and TTD Journal Interface file to upload in the SAP General Ledger
• Ensure that all supporting transaction adjustment forms are received from the Investment Centres and are reflected in the Batches Report via the adjustment batches.
• Communicate with the Investment Centres on adjustments that are not reflected in the adjustment batches.
• Verify that all automated transactions and adjustments are reflected in the USD and TTD Journal Interface file
Review and execute the uploading of TTD & USD Repurchase Interface cheque files in the SAP General Ledger to ensure all automated and manual cheques are reflected in the General Ledger.
• Receive Cheque Usage Report from all Investment Centres.
• Open the Interface Repurchase file and comparing cheques issues from the Investment Centres to the Repurchase Cheque usage report.
• Input any cheques that are reflected on the Cheque Usage Report but not in the Repurchase Interface file and pass information to the Accounting Clerk to update on the AS400 cheque maintenance system.
• Execute the TTD and USD Repurchase Interface File
Perform a daily reconciliation between the F&A Report and the GIF, TTIF and URF Unit Capital General Ledger Accounts and between the USD Summary Batch Report and the USIF Unit Capital General Ledger to ensure that the GIF, TTIF, URF and USIF transactions are accounted for and reflected in the General Ledger.
• Ensure that the Net Movement of the GIF, TTIF, URF, UCF and USIF transactions recorded on F&A Report and USD Summary Batch Report reconciles to the Net Movement of transactions in the respective Unit Capital General Ledger accounts.
• Investigate and ensure that all outstanding reconciling items reflected in the daily reconciliations are followed- up and cleared within the respective month.
• Prepare and post journal entries arising from the daily Unit Capital reconciliations.
• Prepare and provide supporting documentation for the Appropriation and Expropriation adjustments to the FUS Trading Activity Report prepared by Trust Services department as result of system glitches occurred with GIF transactions which were processed via the adjustment or automated batches in the Batches Report.
Perform a monthly reconciliation of the Investment Funds for GIF, TTIF, URF, UCF and USIF to ensure that the respective Unit Capital General Ledger accounts are in agreement with the Fund Size as per the Investment Fund Portfolio and Customer Registers
• Prepare a daily excel spreadsheet on the Net Movement in the Master Register Balances to the Net Sales recorded on the F&A Report and Summary Batch Report, and prepare monthly excel spreadsheet on variances
• Prepare a monthly excel spreadsheet which reconciles the Appropriation /Expropriation figures as per the FUS Trading Activity Report received from the Trust Services department to the Appropriation/Expropriation figures posted in the General Ledger.
• Perform the reconciliation of the Cash Movement Report and Net Position Report for GIF, TTIF, URF, UCF and USIF to the respective Unit Capital General Ledger accounts.
• Ensure that the Accumulated Master Register Balances and Fund Size of the Investment Funds (GIF, TTIF, URF, UCF and USIF) reconciles to the respective Unit Capital General Ledger Accounts.
• Investigate issues arising from the monthly reconciliation of the Investment Funds for GIF, TTIF, URF, UCF and USIF.
Prepare a monthly schedule identifying the incorrect General Ledger codes utilized by the Investment Centres in the posting of adjustments to customer accounts to provide guidance to the data entry clerks in the proper use of General Ledger codes and to ensure that adjustments are updated accurately in the SAP General Ledger.
• Review the adjustment batches and preparing an excel spreadsheet which shows the incorrect and correct General Ledger codes.
Perform a daily reconciliation of the TTIF and USIF Visa Liability General Ledger accounts to the Edit packages received from the Card Services to ensure that the Local and International Bank accounts are accurately funded and to ensure that the Visa transactions are updated to the respective General Ledger accounts.
• Ensure that all Visa customer adjustment schedules are received from the Card Services department and are reflected in the Batches Report via the adjustment batches.
• Ensure that the daily transactions reconcile to the value settled by Visa via the Edit Packages received from Card Services and preparing a schedule
• Perform a clearing process between the customer adjustments identified on the Visa reconciliation and the customer adjustments reflected in the respective TTIF and USIF Visa Liability General Ledger accounts.
• Investigate issues arising from the daily TTIF and USIF Visa Liability reconciliation.
• Prepare and post journal entries arising from the daily reconciliation of the TTIF and USIF Visa Liability General Ledger accounts.
Perform Daily ATM and Cash Repurchase Reconciliations between the General Ledger ATM Liability account and the Investment Centre ATM Balance Sheet and Treasure Stock Holding report to ensure that all repurchases processed through are reflected accurately in the General Ledger
• Receive from all Nine (9) Investment Centres on a daily basis ATM Balance Sheet
• Receive from all Eight (9) Investment Centres which provide the Cash Repurchase system the Treasury Stock Holding Report
• Compare the Batch Summary Report to the ATM Repurchase Report to determine the un-cleared adjustment.
• Prepare the Daily ATM & Cash Repurchase Reconciliation for the respective Investment Centres.
• Prepare and post journals arising from the daily ATM and Cash Repurchase Reconciliation
Reinvestment of Stale dated Income and Growth Distribution Cheques.
• Ensure all stale dated distribution cheques (cheques become stale dated after six (6) months), are reinvested according to the Corporations policy.
Assist with training new members of staff within the unit. This involves providing guidance to Accounting Clerks within the unit as required.
• Well trained staff within the department.
Reinvestment of Outstanding Stale Dated Growth and Income Distribution Cheques to ensure all outstanding Distribution cheques are credited to the customer’s accounts based on the Corporation policy.
• Receive and verify the Outstanding Distribution Report and indicate where necessary any cheques that should not be reinvested into customer’s account.
• Update the customers’ accounts by ICT the cheques would be canceled on the Cheque Master Database manually by Accounting.
Process TTD & USD debit/credit advices received from RBC Bank to ensure advices are analyzed and processed where necessary into customers’ accounts, bank accounts and the General Ledger.
• Receive debit and credit advice from RBC Bank.
• Analyze the reason for the adjustment and communicated to the respective Investment Centres for correction via Batch Error Forms
• Post fund advices received from the Investment Centres
Process all USD Electronic Funds Transfers received from ICs.
• Ensure accurate and timely processing of customer wires in accordance with the Corporation’s policies and procedures.
Communicate with Roycash at RBC Bank to request cash for the ATM and Treasury replenishment for UTC Investment Centres. This ensures that the Investment Centres have sufficient cash to replenish the ATM Machine and to supply cash to the Teller Associate
• Prepare and post journals arising from the daily ATM and Cash Repurchase request.
• Investigate all cash book, bank and funds transfer adjustments emanating from daily processes.
• Ensure all adjustments and queries to customers’ accounts are communicated to the relevant personnel/ICs and Electronic Services Department and weekly follow-ups initiated until resolved.
The selected candidate must possess the following combination of qualifications, skills, training and experience:
• Passes in five (5) GCE Ordinary Level/ CXC/CSEC Ordinary Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics at General Proficiency Grades 1, 2 or 3 with a maximum of 2 subjects at Grade 3
• Two (2) GCE/CAPE Advanced Level subjects
• Minimum of two (2) years’ accounting experience in a similar role preferably at a Financial institution
• Suitable combination of training and experience
• High confidentiality and integrity
• Passion for delivering excellent customer service
• Ability to work independently and in teams
• Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
• Ability to analyze and interpret information and data received
• Excellent telephone and office etiquette
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of Products
• Ability to work in teams
All applications should be submitted no later than July 15th, 2019
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.