- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years, 3 months ago by Instant Success.
February 25, 2019 at 1:13 pm #756234Instant SuccessGuest
Rentokil Initial: Area Director, Caribbean, Aranguez, San Juan-Laventille, Trinidad and Tobago · Caribbean
Rentokil Initial: Area Director
Rentokil Initial is an international business services company employing over 35,000 colleagues across 70 countries.
We strive to protect people and enhance lives, for example by controlling pests, improving hygiene and improving interior spaces with plants and scenting.
We are experts in the fields we operate in, investing in training, science, innovation and technology.
Listening and acting on feedback is part of our culture to support colleagues and our customers. Rentokil Initial regards equality and fairness as a fundamental right of all of its colleagues.
We live our values of Service, Relationships and Teamwork which were identified by our colleagues across the world.
Find out more on careers.rentokil-initial.com
Our family of businesses:
Rentokil Pest Control is the world’s leading commercial pest control company, operating in 70 countries and ranked in the top 3 in 65 of those countries.
Ranking in the top 3 in 38 of the 44 countries we operate in Initial Hygiene is the market leader who provides quality, diligent and friendly services to all customers.
In France, Initial Workwear specialises in the supply and laundering of workwear, garments and protective uniforms and equipment; focusing on top quality products and services.
Our plant business; Ambius is seen as the expert in interior and exterior “landscaping”; operating across the US, Europe, Asia & Pacific.
Steritech Brand Protection by Rentokil Initial is an industry leader and pioneer, providing innovative solutions that help customers to mitigate risks and drive business growth.
We also have specialist businesses such as Medical Services, Specialist Hygiene and Property Care, which lead their respective fields.
Across all of our operations globally, we have a positive reputation amongst our customers for our knowledge and integrity.
We have central support functions of Human Resources, IT, Finance, Legal and Marketing & Innovation in the Rentokil Initial Head Office locations and in country.
Working within our functions departments, you would be supporting all of our business globally.
The purpose of this role is to lead and support the growth of the Caribbean Region through organic growth and acquisitions. Ensuring that the business delivers budgeted revenue, profit and operating cashflow targets.
The Area Director is responsible for ensuring Rentokil Initial’s values of Service, Relationships & Teamwork are driven throughout the territories. Ensuring colleagues represent the company professionally and in accordance with company ethics and standards.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Management & Financial Performance
• To achieve and report on the overall business performance as agreed with the Managing Director, Rest of World. Whilst the financial indicators may change from time to time you will be measured against the following:
• Organic revenue growth
• Total revenue growth
• Portfolio growth / net gain
• Gross & net margin
• APBITA growth
• DSO / cash collections
• Operating Cash Flow target
• Non-financial indicators such as Health & Safety performance, staff retention improvement & performance management outcomes will also be taken into account.
• Prepare and present monthly reviews for the Managing & Finance Director, Rest of World.
• Prepare the annual operating plan for the Managing & Finance Director, Rest of World
• Prepare and monitor forecasting for territories under your responsibility.
• Ensure effective implementation of business strategies.
• Design and implement the Caribbean strategy for growth over a 3-5 year period
• Focused on introducing new revenue streams and innovative new services
• Implement new technology that allows the individual businesses to operate more efficiently
• Focus the business on implementing tools to improve and grow gross margins
• Ensure a close working knowledge of the local pest control and washrooms markets
Marketing & Sales Management
• In conjunction with the Marketing and Communications Manager, develop and support the strategic marketing plan for the region and implement relevant marketing and sales support initiatives according to agreed targets and timetables.
• Ensure the Company image and Rentokil Initial brand are managed to maximum effect as per brand guidelines.
• Manage the sales efforts through the General Managers’ and take ownership of all business development opportunities.
Team and People Management
• Manage the ongoing process of recruitment, development, motivation and retention of high caliber teams, maximising their performance and flexibility in the achievement of business objectives.
• Maintain high employee morale through ongoing development of staff.
• Maintain an effective communication system to ensure that managers communicate effectively and regularly with teams on company, business and country performance and any matters of concern or interest to team members.
• Promote the Company core values and ensure that managers operate within their principles.
• Align employee’s skill and knowledge levels with the present and future requirements of the business, supporting succession planning.
• Drive Human Resource initiatives and to ensure the effective roll out of all agreed strategies.
• Source, contact and develop potential new acquisition targets in both existing and new markets
• Work with the General Managers to identify and approach potential acquisition targets
• Work with the Regional Finance Director Caribbean and MENAT to prepare investment cases and proposals for submission to the RI Investment Committee
• Negotiate and close potential acquisitions with the support of RI Group M&A Team
• Work with the local management team to integrate new acquisitions into the Caribbean Region and ensure delivery of the investment case
• Advocate the mission, vision and values to ensure they are understood and displayed by all staff.
• Ensure the region delivers 98% SOS through robust resource and business planning to deliver our contractual commitments to customers
• Drive quality of service through the implementation of robust QA tools in both pest control and washrooms
• Drive improvements in CVC throughout the region through root cause analysis of previous complaints, systems and process improvement
• Account Management; ensure a robust system is in place to drive account management across the region
DSO and Debt Management
• Ensure the region delivers their DSO and cash collections target
• Work with the Regional Finance Director Caribbean & MENAT to drive process improvement within the individual territories
• Drive, motivate and incentivize the local businesses daily to meet collections targets
• Continue to invest in the region through implementation of enhanced systems – iCABS / ServiceTrak / my X / GIS suite of apps / Navision
Procurement and Programme Management
• Ensure products and services are sourced cost effectively.
• Ensure overall accountability for initiating new projects and ensuring the effective delivery of all business programmes are developed and implemented.
• Ensure that the Company methods and standards employed are monitored and maintained to the highest level of quality.
• Review and ensure that the branches are adequately stocked
Policies and Procedures
• The policies and procedures set by the company are practiced and reflect 100% compliance.
• Ensure all company policies and procedures are understood through training and awareness and practiced by all staff, i.e. OH&S, Fumigation, Human Resources, Security Policy Compliance
• Ensure you wear the necessary protective clothing and equipment where appropriately needed.
• Other activities and duties as requested by the business
Do you have what it takes? If you want to be considered for this role you will need:
Skills & Training
• A relevant first degree or equivalent. This may be replaced by demonstrable skills in a work environment.
• Broad understanding of the relevant business sector or of the services sector
• Strong communication skills – written and verbal
• Communication skills – credible with senior management and good at conflict resolution
• Financial Management – ensuring effective use of working capital, building strong balance sheets, improving margins
• People Management – particularly developing, coaching and mentoring staff
• Relationship Management – establishing and sustaining strong customer and supplier relationships, contract negotiations
• Relevant experience in a fast paced industry either driving the business through ownership or managing within a corporate environment (5+ years)
• Budget management experience (5+ years)
• B to B service industry (5+ years)
• National sales management (5+ years)
• Multi-site management (3+ years)
• Marketing in B to B (3+ years)
• Profit centre management (5+ years)
Are you interested? Here’s what you can expect when you join us…
• Annual Bonus Scheme
• Healthcare (Self & Partner)
• Life Assurance
• Pension Scheme
• Rentokil Initial Reward Scheme
• Competitive Salary
• 25 days holiday
Rentokil Initial believes in supporting all employees to provide equal opportunities and avoid discrimination. We also place emphasis on workplace diversity which means that we are serious about creating an inclusive environment that accepts each individual’s differences, embraces their strengths and provides opportunities for all colleagues to achieve their full potential
Check out these articles:
- Paria Waterfall journey a true workout for hikers
- Sweet sweet sister isle Tobago
- Moruga: A little village right off the shoreline
- Rural vibe in Guaya, end point of Trinidad
- Mermaid Pool hike in sunny weather
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Apply to more job vacancies here
See articles on Trinidad and Tobago here
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.