- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years, 7 months ago by Markwal.
February 24, 2019 at 2:30 pm #755732MarkwalGuest
Applications are now invited from suitably qualified professionals for the following position within the public sector: – Registered Nurse
REGISTERED NURSE EMPLOYED BY THE GOVERNMENT OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO
REGISTERED NURSE EMPLOYED BY THE GOVERNMENT OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO JOB SUMMARY:
This job requires the incumbent to develop and manage nursing care plans, instruct
socially displaced persons and their families in proper care, and help individual and
groups take steps to improve or maintain their health. Work is performed under the
supervision of a registered nurse.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the doctor as requested during physical examinations.
- Takes and records vital signs, temperature, pulse, blood pressure.
- Administers routine urine testing or as requested by doctor.
- Administers pre and post preparation for physical examination.
- Follows up on clients progress, clinic appointments and medications.
- Administers medication as prescribed by medical doctor or psychiatric professional.
- Advises staff on the nursing care of clients confined to bed.
- Cares for instruments.
- Prepares and submit reports to appropriate parties accurately and in a timely manner.
- Prepares routine records.
- Directs the team psychiatric or medical doctor and in collaboration with other relevant members on the treatment and rehabilitation team, develops, revises, maintains and supervises team psycho pharmacologic and medical treatment.
- Conducts comprehensive assessment of psychiatric history, mental status and diagnosis, physical and dental health, use of drugs or alcohol.
- Functions as a clinical member of the disciplinary team.
- Provides ongoing assessment of client’s physical/mental illness symptoms and client’s response to treatment and makes appropriate changes in the treatment plan to ensure immediate and appropriate interventions are provided to meet the client’s needs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Registered Nurse with training in psychiatric nursing.
Experience in a mental health environment will be an asset.
At least five (5) years nursing experience.
POSITION TITLE: REGISTERED NURSE
REPORTING RELTIONSHIP: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Please email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out these articles:
- Paria Waterfall journey a true workout for hikers
- Sweet sweet sister isle Tobago
- Moruga: A little village right off the shoreline
- Rural vibe in Guaya, end point of Trinidad
- Mermaid Pool hike in sunny weather
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Apply to more job vacancies here
See articles on Trinidad and Tobago here
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.