- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years, 10 months ago by ugomecijaxe.
Viewing 0 reply threads
August 4, 2019 at 4:42 pm #647408ugomecijaxeGuest
Procurement Manager Digicel VacancyThe Procurement Manager Digicel will be responsible for managing the competitive sourcing process, leveraging on spend categories to drive an optimal cost structure through strategic contracts, negotiating supplier contracts and driving continuous improvement in the area of Procurement and Distribution, ensuring compliance to procurement procedures and process, managing supplier relationships and supplier performance in accordance with agreed criteria including the meeting of delivery deadlines and agreed price points.
Procurement Manager Digicel Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Continuously reviews opportunities for savings, cost avoidance and reducing risk exposure identifying where longer-term contracts may be required through spend category analysis.
- Partner with the business units to identify supply requirements, accurate forecasts and determination of appropriate contract strategies.
- Execute the competitive sourcing process to drive best value for money, including identification of sources of supply, developing RFPs/ITBs, commercial evaluations and contract execution.
- Negotiate /re-negotiate new and/or existing contracts and rates sheets to ensure that Digicel is continually receiving best value for its money, utilising ‘should cost’ models where appropriate.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with vendors that will allow the implementation of Procurement plans and policies in a collaborative manner. This includes Vendor on-boarding on Digicel requirements, managing expectations, advisory on tender outcomes, interventions on contentious issues and execution of Vendor scorecards using appropriate KPIs to ensure engagement of high performing vendors.
- Expedite purchase orders and contracts to ensure that Vendors deliver to agreed price, quality, service levels and delivery deadlines.
- Develop and monitor appropriate KPIs and reports to track the performance of the procurement function including spend analysis per category, status of events, cycle-time, savings, spend under contract and non-compliances.
- Continually assesses sources of supply both locally and internationally in specific categories to maintain competitiveness in the areas of price, quality and service levels.
- Proactively review the marketplace for new products and services which might enhance or replace goods/services presently being purchased
- Performs related work: the duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to that position.
- Working safely is a continuing condition of employment. Digicel (Trinidad and Tobago) Ltd. is committed to establishing and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment and considers safety to be an integral aspect of every job function. As a condition of your employment, you will be required to observe and fully comply with all HSE rules / policies / procedures and applicable legislative provisions as well as wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) where and when applicable
Procurement Manager Digicel Qualifications:
- Degree in Business Management, Law, Economics or related field
- CIPS level 4 would be an asset
- Minimum of three (3) years’ of experience in a high volume environment in a senior procurement role
- Experience in executing tender events and negotiating contracts
- Experience in and with the mobile telecommunications sector would be considered a valuable asset.
- An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements.
Procurement Manager Digicel Functional Skills:
Would you like to apply to this job?
- Attentive to detail
- Self-motivated and result-oriented approach to work
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and deliver against competing priorities
- Ability to build strong relationships and work as part of inter-disciplinary teams
- Ability to strive in a fast-paced and demanding service environment
- Able to operate autonomously and demonstrate initiative in problem solving, decision making and proactive approach to job.
- Confidentiality and trustworthiness
- Initiative and resourcefulness in the conduct of duties
- Strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to relate to a diverse working environment
- Computer Literate in a Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc)
- Report / Business Writing Skills
- Supervisory and coaching Skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of category and supply management concepts
- Demonstrated data analysis capabilities, and negotiation skills
- Conflict management experience
Apply for the Procurement Manager position
Digicel Group is a total communications and entertainment provider with operations in 31 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Asia Pacific.
After 18 years of operation, total investment to date stands at over US$5 billion worldwide. The company is renowned for delivering best value, best service and best network.
Digicel also runs a host of community-based initiatives across its markets and has set up Digicel Foundations in Haiti, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea and Trinidad and Tobago which focus on educational, cultural and social development programmes.
Visit http://www.digicelgroup.com for more information.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Apply to more job vacancies here
See articles on Trinidad and Tobago here
Viewing 0 reply threads
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.