- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 weeks ago by Cymnmulky.
October 23, 2019 at 7:35 pm #647733usegumogiGuest
NIPDEC employment opportunity
SITE CONTROL OFFICER (TRINIDAD) NIPDEC
To be responsible for site supervision of construction works by Contractors ensuring that the works are being performed in accordance with specifications, with particular focus on reporting, reviewing the quality of work, safety and environmental performance and resolving contractors’ issues.
SITE CONTROL OFFICER (TRINIDAD) NIPDEC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Liaise with and provide all reasonable technical assistance to Contractors.
- Supervise and monitor Contractor’s performance to ensure that the contractor’s program, quality and technical obligations are achieved and maintained.
- Attend Contract meetings and prepare minutes, if required.
- Prepare daily reports of site activities.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate records of Contractor’s activities and resources, including number and calibre of staff, field personnel and equipment.
- Ensure that appropriate quality surveillance records are being maintained, stored and indexed in an efficient filing system.
- Liaise with the Project Manager and Consultants to resolve design queries and anomalies, as required.
- Assist the Project Manager in undertaking tasks, as required.
- Ensure that the works as constructed satisfy the full intent of the design as detailed in design drawings and specifications.
- Identify, record and assist in resolving non-conformances inclusive of preparation of Non-Conformances Reports.
- Prepare snag lists of work outstanding/defective as each contract or contract section nears practical completion, and work with Contractors to eliminate outstanding items.
- Establish and monitor adherence to safety policies and procedures, and their review, in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- Assist the Contractor and Project Manager in developing and recommending modifications to safe operations on site.
- Liaise with Contractor’s Site Manager to ensure that appropriate mechanisms are employed for achieving successful project completion.
- Perform any other related duties as necessary.
SITE CONTROL OFFICER (TRINIDAD) NIPDEC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A National Engineering Technician Diploma or its equivalent.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in the field of building and civil works.
- Building construction management and/or building project management experience.
- Any equivalent combination of qualifications and experience.
- Five GCE/CXC Subjects inclusive of Maths and English.
Special Skills and Knowledge:
- Working knowledge of design in structural, electrical and mechanical engineering.
- Ability to monitor use of construction products, materials and procedures.
- Ability to apply knowledge of construction products and materials and building craft jurisdiction.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work of others.
- Ability to express information on any phase of project work in written or oral form which can be readily understood by technical and non-technical personnel
- Good supervisory skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Working knowledge of the implementation of and utilization of data processing system and other IT systems associated with the industry.
StudyZoneInstitute.com is the home for students, teachers and parents to find useful information and materials for teaching and learning.Read about active learning, types of learners, learning environments, the students in the classroom, focus exercises, learning with technology, outdoor learning, teaching aids, parents’ involvement and more.
August 29, 2021 at 7:05 pm #987712
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.