May 9, 2020 at 10:51 am #836537esutaylor4085Member
NIPDEC PHARMACIST VACANCY
NIPDEC PHARMACIST VACANCY
To be responsible for the Pharmacy Operations at Central Stores, inclusive of a measure of oversight for receipt and checking of medicines onto floor, storage management of drugs, ensuring adequate supply on hand and dispatching to institutions and other external units as need arises.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the preparation of requisitions for ordering of pharmaceuticals and supervise the inspection of commodities received.
- Supervise inspection of commodities received.
- Direct the storage and issuance of supplies to ensure compliance with manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Advise staff on purchasing regulations and procedures.
- Inspect and report on narcotics, antibiotics and controlled drugs stocked at Central Stores, and also supervise lower level staff engaged in these duties.
- Issue requisitions for narcotics, controlled drugs and antibiotics.
- Monitor statistical information for the International conventions on Narcotic Drugs and prepare reports for submission to International Bodies.
- Monitor and reconcile antibiotics, controlled drugs and narcotics and prepare report for submission to Drug Inspectorates, Ministry of Health.
- Assist in the capacity building and improvement of the handling, tracking and management of pharmaceuticals to hospitals, health facilities and pharmacies.
- Ensure quality assurance of pharmaceuticals transported from C-40 warehouse to hospitals, health facilities and pharmacies.
- Assure warehouse quality assurance of the medical supplies received directly from vendors to C-40 warehouse by conducting physical examination and collection of samples to be sent for laboratory analysis.
- Report to managers on the compliance of shipments with the specifications and characteristics of pharmaceuticals that meet USAID rules and regulations.
- Liaise with medical professionals and para-professionals at RHAs and the MOH.
- Make periodic visits to problem health institutions.
- Liaise with suppliers on technical issues related to pharmaceuticals.
- Assist Medical Supplies Coordinator with the execution of the Pharmacy Tender.
- Perform any other related duties as necessary.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacy.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in pharmaceutical supply chain management and quality assurance.
- Pharmacist’s licence recognized by the Pharmacy Board of Trinidad andTobago.
- Any equivalent combination of qualifications and experience.
Special Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong knowledge ofTrinidadand Tobago Health system.
- Good knowledge of ISO regulations.
- Good knowledge of QC analysis methodology.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to make strategic decisions and judgments.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to motivate others.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Standards set in relation to the Department’s business plan, strategic objectives and budgets.
- NIPDEC’s policies and procedures
PHARMACIST VACANCY NIPDEC
- Established professional standards, industry best practice and statutory requirements.
Jobs and vacant positions can be posted here for the whole world to see for free. Have a skill, product or service you would like to offer post it here.
We care for all learners – delayed, distracted, unfocussed, accelerated, outspoken, quiet and more. We believe in creating an environment that allows each student to learn at his or her own pace. We aim to bridge the gap between a struggling student at the primary level and their success at exams at the secondary level.
Leave it up to children to run things and you may have yourself a big mess. Shower them with technology to keep them busy and you just might create a monster. Give loads of school work to keep children occupied and they may become resentful. So, what are parents to do?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.