- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years ago by ocurevigetu.
September 2, 2019 at 4:53 pm #647457ocurevigetuGuest
NH INTERNATIONAL (CARIBBEAN) LIMITED SAFETY OFFICER
- Permanent full-time
- Human Resources
NH INTERNATIONAL (CARIBBEAN) LIMITED Safety Officer
The Safety Officer will facilitate compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Authority (OSHA) guidelines.He/She will provide advice on safety measures to minimize hazards or unhealthy situations and will constantly monitor violations and ensure adherence to OSHA regulations on the construction site.
- Inspects the site to ensure it is a hazard-free environment and conducts job hazard analyses
- Verifies that all tools and equipment are adequate and safe for use.
- Promotes safe practices at the job site by sharing safety guidelines and intervening in unsafe situations, trains and carries out drills and exercises on how to manage emergency situations.
- Conducts investigations of all accidents and near-misses.
- Reports to concerned authorities as requested or mandated by regulations.
- Establishes safety standards and policies to enhance the safety environment at the site.
- Responds to employees’ safety concerns.
- Coordinates registration and removal of hazardous waste.
- Supervision of Security personnel on site
- Oversees OSHA mandated testing and/or evaluations of the workplace by external agencies/consultants as required
- At least five (5) years working experience in a safety driven environment.
- HSSE qualifications with a proven track record of managing safety and ensuring adherence to all OSHA guidelines, preferably in the construction industry.
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices.
- Experience in writing reports and policies related to health and safety.
- Computer literate, including the use of database and spreadsheet applications.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics when conducting tool box meetings.
NH INTERNATIONAL (CARIBBEAN) LTD.
39 Long Circular Road,
St. James Port-of-Spain, Trinidad
T +1 (868) 622 7402
With efficiency and teamwork we design, develop, finance, manage, engineer and build projects.
Throughout NH there is the belief that we must all be good stewards of the resources that are available to us.
We encourage innovation to achieve our goals, making sure our staff has the skills, information and the latest technology required to meet client specifications. We see ourselves as nation builders and we will continue to be governed by transparency, accountability and fair practice. We take pride in consistently exceeding our clients’ expectations.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.