- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years, 7 months ago by Anonymous.
February 4, 2019 at 4:53 pm #737565AnonymousGuest
Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs, Government of Trinidad and Tobago
The incumbent is required to provide general database management, maintenance and support services for the
database systems of the Ministry/Department. Duties include: assisting with the monitoring and management of
the security, integrity and availability of the Ministry/Department’s databases; supporting the design and
development of databases; maintaining and enhancing the database solutions of the Ministry/Department; and
supervising Technical and Support Staff as required.
ICT Manager, Manager, Solutions Development and Implementation, Manager,
Service Delivery and Support or designate, Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs
SUPERVISION GIVEN TO:
Technical and Support Staff as required at the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Applies and maintains specified security controls as required by policy to maintain confidentiality,
integrity and availability of the Ministry/Department’s database management systems; and investigates
and remedies related security incidents according to defined procedures.
– Applies appropriate analytical techniques to the Ministry/Department’s databases to support the
reporting and operational information needs of all users.
– Maintains knowledge of specific technical specialisms in the database operations and management areas;
and utilises this knowledge in performing job duties.
– Assists with the development and implementation of database management systems, including the
identification and mitigation of project risk, and the monitoring of costs, timescale and resources utilised.
– Assists with the design of database management systems of the Ministry/Department, and documents all
outputs using defined standards, methods and tools.
– Develops and maintains specialist knowledge of database concepts, object and data modelling techniques
and design principles, and database architectures; and installs and commissions selected database
– Designs, develops, tests, corrects and documents database management systems as part of the overall
database maintenance process using agreed standards and tools.
– Assists with the development of software tests, and with the execution of the system and acceptance
testing of new or amended database management systems, particularly for those areas of technical
– Uses tools and techniques for specific areas of database release and deployment activities, and
documents technical activities.
– Carries out routine configuration, installation and reconfiguration of database management systems and
products, and agreed database maintenance and administration tasks.
– Supervises technical and support staff engaged in performing duties related to particular specialization.
– Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of database development and maintenance methodologies.
– Knowledge of project management tools and techniques.
– Some knowledge of the tools and techniques required for the management and
control of ICT within a government based or business organisation.
– Some knowledge of relevant Public Service rules and regulations, instructions and
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to supervise technical and support staff.
– Ability to think creatively and to implement database solutions.
– Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
– Ability to promote teamwork.
– Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues.
– Ability to interact positively with members of the public and external stakeholders.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing at a technical level, including at least eighteen (18)
months’ experience in the design, operation and maintenance of database management systems.
Training as evidenced by the possession of a recognized Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer
Information Systems, Information Systems Management, Computer Engineering or a related area.
Relevant certification in database management.
Submission of applications:
Interested persons must submit their applications with copies of academic certificates, a Curriculum Vitae, two (2) letters of reference and a police Certificate of Good Character
by February 15th, 2019 (printed applications only) to:
Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs
2 Elizabeth Street, St. Clair
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for a chance to take part in our monthly giveaways
Apply to more job vacancies here
See articles on Trinidad and Tobago here
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.