May 3, 2020 at 2:27 am #836230daniellallanas9Participant
Living Water Community Vacancy
Living Water Community Vacancy
Treating people with dignity, respect and safeguarding the rights and wellbeing of the most vulnerable are key principles to working with LWC.
LWC is a Catholic Lay Ecclesial Community that has partnered with UNHCR since the 1980’s and has mainly served refugees and asylum -seekers along with vulnerable migrants from many countries and of various regions, including from Colombia, Venezuela, Haiti, Cuba, Pakistan, Iraq, Somalia, Bangladesh, Syria, Nigeria, Sudan and many more.
Due to an increasing number of asylum-seekers and refugees, particularly from Venezuela, our team needs additional capacity to design and implement a humanitarian and refugee protection response.
The Protection Coordinator is responsible for providing strategic direction, planning and technical support, oversight and guidance for all protection programming at LWC including strategic planning, review and development of programmatic resources and tools, and capacity strengthening as well as managing staff unit heads.
● Develop and implement a Protection strategy for addressing risks affecting the beneficiary and host community population in T&T via identification of protection risks, vulnerabilities, threats, capacities in the T&T context and develop appropriate programmatic responses and activities in collaboration with the team and partners to identified needs, gaps and risks with clearly defined outcomes
● Ensure that community based protection approaches and principles are aligned with and included in the Protection strategy
● Ensure a solid evidence base and sound analysis, along with consultation with team, PoCs and other stakeholders, underpins programme strategy and implementation
● Support participatory assessment processes to inform programme design in collaboration with key stakeholders
● Ensure compliance with IASC and UNHCR global protection standards and guidelines and ensure coherence across all programming
● Develop and support review of existing MEAL frameworks, implementation tools, sops etc used by all units including legal, psycho-social, case management, education, information sharing ET al
● Provide technical guidance to staff to monitor programme outcomes, impacts and objectives and implementation of technical standards in specific activities to ensure quality and consistency
● Ensure quality control via site visits, discussion, implementation of recommendations and lessons learnt
● Integrate protection with other sector activities like shelter where applicable to ensure minimum protection standards are met to achieve maximum impact
● Support development and ensure adequate oversight of child protection and gbv programming, particularly for unaccompanied children
● Ensure that protection principles are mainstreamed across all of LWC’s work
● Support staff professional development via ongoing capacity building and coaching support in Protection for staff.
● Actively participate in the documentation of good practices and lessons learnt and contribute to the development of strategic resources and protection specific documents that contribute to knowledge building and sharing in the Caribbean to influence programme planning
● Support Information Manager to develop and implement appropriate protection sensitive information management systems and monitoring tools for MEAL activities
● Review funding and programme proposals as well as donor reports to ensure consistency with strategic protection outcomes
● Provide technical advice on the recruitment of protection staff and support the performance evaluation of staff
● Other duties as required consistency with strategic protection outcomes
Jobs and vacant positions can be posted here for the whole world to see for free. Have a skill, product or service you would like to offer post it here.
We care for all learners – delayed, distracted, unfocussed, accelerated, outspoken, quiet and more. We believe in creating an environment that allows each student to learn at his or her own pace. We aim to bridge the gap between a struggling student at the primary level and their success at exams at the secondary level.
A pimento pepper tree bears the red, ripe, and ready-to-pick seasoning ingredient at the backyard of a resident’s home in Petit Bourg. This pepper magically flavours any dish and is a very popular seasoning found in the kitchens of many cooks in Trinidad and Tobago.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.