- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 7 months ago by anamaxirid.
October 27, 2019 at 11:03 am #647738anamaxiridGuest
INSTITUTE OF MARINE AFFAIRS VACANCY
RESEARCH OFFICER – POLICY
INSTITUTE OF MARINE AFFAIRS
The Institute of Marine Affairs (IMA) is a multi-disciplinary research institution incorporated by an Act of Parliament of Trinidad and Tobago.
The Institute is required to conduct research on the marine and related environment of Trinidad and Tobago and the Caribbean and to provide an advisory service to the Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago. The Institute is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons to join its professional team.
RESEARCH OFFICER – POLICY
The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking research pertaining to policy matters affecting the marine environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate would be required to:
- Design new projects and proposals in response to government’s needs and treaty obligations in the area of marine and environmental management.
- Recommend suitable policies and international best practices in the area of marine and environmental management for Trinidad and Tobago.
- Monitor and Review existing policy and legislation with a view to their enhancement and recommending other policy options where necessary and practicable.
- Represent the Institute at workshops and other forums where the input of the Institute is required.
- Write papers in peer-reviewed publications and technical reports on research undertaken.
- Prepare and present research paper at local, regional and international Symposia. Write newspaper articles and assist with educational exhibits.
- Any other task incidental to fulfilling the above.
- Post graduate degree in Marine or Environmental Policy.
- Candidates with a first degree in law together with experience in Marine or Environmental Affairs would also be considered.
- Relevant experience as evidenced by reports/publications.
Application and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae,
including the names of three (3) referees, should be submitted no later than October 31, 2019.
The Institute of Marine Affairs is an agency of the Ministry of Planning and Development
StudyZoneInstitute.com is the home for students, teachers and parents to find useful information and materials for teaching and learning.Read about active learning, types of learners, learning environments, the students in the classroom, focus exercises, learning with technology, outdoor learning, teaching aids, parents’ involvement and more.
There is nothing that says Christmas more than sorrel so when you do your chicken why not try sorrel chicken. You see sorrel selling everywhere on our highways and byways, in markets and groceries all around the country. This is a recipe that goes well with grilled chicken or the Christmas baked turkey.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.