November 19, 2019 at 10:08 am #815204leodelittle117Participant
GCG Group DRIVER / LOADER Vacancy
GCG Group DRIVER / LOADER Vacancy
Our Drivers are the face of the company. Do you love to drive and deliver exceptional customer service? Do you want the support of a locally dynamic company with a regional presence?
GCG Trinidad is a member of the GCG Group which operates in 24 countries. We are committed to creating an environment that allows our employees to grow personally and professionally. As a leader in the airline, offshore and restaurant catering industries we support your development both locally and internationally. We are looking for an individual to join the team in the capacity of a Driver / Loader. You will represent the company by presenting its service to clients in a professional manner, while verifying delivery in accordance with their specifications so that on time performance, quality and standards are maintained. You will work closely with other members of the Dispatch and Customer Service team. You will establish and maintain good working relationships with our clients in the various industries in which we operate.
What else will you do?
- To load and offload equipment, dry stores and food from the vehicle, to operate the vehicle to transport to and from the client and to load items at the destination in accordance with the client’s specifications and safety requirements.
- To remove equipment from the dispatch chiller and dry ice the contents in order to maintain quality control during transportation and storage to the client and to log on board temperatures.
- To verify that bond items correspond with the relevant documentation observing the required security procedures, including seal verification procedures conducted by security officers.
- To conduct checks of bars, dry stores and equipment before offloading from the client and advise head office and security of any discrepancies.
- Advise the security department on arrival of bars, dry stores and equipment on the compound and ensure that it is secured in the designated area.
- All accidents and malfunctioning vehicles must be reported to relevant supervisors for corrective action to be taken.
- Responsible for relaying invoices and other related documents to the CSR on duty for items being carried to and from the unit.
- Ensures adherence to the rules and regulations of the company and the client in accordance with the guidelines and procedures
- Any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
WHAT IS THE UNIQUE BLEND OF QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPEREINCE WE LOOK FOR?
- O’Level Certificate with at least 5 Passes of Grades l, ll or lll (after 1997) with English Language and Mathematics
- Heavy Transport (Heavy-T) vehicle license
- Certificate of Good Character not older than 6 months
- At least three (3) year experience as a Driver, Loader or General Assistant
- Defensive Driving Certificate an asset
- Must be 25 years old at the date of hire
Here are some skills you need that are applicanle to the role?
- Highly developed values of: Dedication, Service Excellence and Integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Must be able to work comfortably in a ‘shift’ environment
- Be articulate and confident.
- Have a pleasant disposition and appearance.
- Be courteous and polite.
- Be able to be entrusted with confidential information.
- Have good organizational skills.
- Possess the ability to function within clear time frames.
Take the time to determine if you met the minimum requirements, update your resume and determine how this role fits into your career plan.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.
Find more information on our company or the role via the following:
Jobs and vacant positions can be posted here for the whole world to see for free. Have a skill, product or service you would like to offer post it here.
StudyZoneInstitute.com is the home for students, teachers and parents to find useful information and materials for teaching and learning. Read about active learning, types of learners, learning environments, the students in the classroom, focus exercises, learning with technology, outdoor learning, teaching aids, parents’ involvement and more.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.