- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years, 5 months ago by supereblanMut.
January 10, 2019 at 3:44 pm #711695supereblanMutGuest
Digicel Group is a total communications and entertainment provider with operations in 32 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Asia Pacific. After 16 years of operation, total investment to date stands at over US$5 billion worldwide. The company is renowned for delivering best value, best service and best network.
Digicel also runs a host of community-based initiatives across its markets and has set up Digicel Foundations in Haiti, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea and Trinidad and Tobago which focus on educational, cultural and social development programmes.
The Digicel 2030 global transformation programme sees it promising customers a completely new communications and entertainment experience made possible by a more agile, customer-centric application of resources and investment.
Digicel is one of the first communications and entertainment providers in the world to initiate a wide scale transformation agenda. The core elements of the Digicel 2030transformation see it undertaking a complete re-design of the organisational structure; putting customers in control and making a commitment to deliver a superior superfast network experience.
Job Title: Financial Accountant
The Financial Accountant will provide support to the Finance Manager Group B2B by collecting, analyzing, investigating, and reporting financial data. He/She will be responsible for working with the three departments each year to prepare revenue, expense and capital budgets. During the financial year, the Financial Accountant will also be required to assist in the preparation of the monthly budget monitoring data and reports showing actual position to date and projected position at the end of the financial year.
This post reports to the Finance Manager Group B2B and is responsible for ensuring that proper accounting practices and Financial Rules are followed.
Financial Accountant Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares the month-end close journals for Revenue, Direct Cost and ICT Inventory in line with IFRS 15 recognition requirements;
- Assists in the preparation of monthly P&Ls for ICT, by collecting data; analyzing and investigating variances; summarizing data, information, and trends;
- Compiles weekly reports of Aged Debt for ICT;
- Responds to financial inquiries by gathering, analyzing, summarizing, and interpreting data.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget for ICT for the company within timely reporting deadlines;
- Assist with the review of purchase orders requisitions for Business Solutions to ensure compliance with procurement policy and also management and control of spend within budgetary restrictions;
- Review all capital purchases with Capex Accountant and Business Solutions / ICT Technical Team.
- Review and Reconcile several balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis in line with auditory standards;
- Assist in conducting random on-site stock count of ICT Inventory;
- Ability to provide financial and other information to both internal and external auditors from time to time;
- Updates job knowledge by keeping current with financial regulations and accepted practices;
Financial Accountant Ad- hoc Duties:
• Consult on areas of improvement for operations for our Business Unit and keep team updated and abreast of any new developments in the field.
Prepares business and financial models for any new products or service offered for our Business Units under the B2B banner.
Financial Accountant Qualifications:
- ACCA Level 3 / TOP CIMA with 3 years financial accounting reporting experience
- Highly Advanced Excel & PowerPoint skills
- Advanced use of Microsoft Dynamics GP or equivalent accounting systems
Financial Accountant Functional Skills
- Highly intelligent, motivated, with can-do attitude
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively, in a team and across the organization
- Willingness to take full responsibility and accountability from start to finish on task or project delivery
- Excellent attention to detail ensuring all numbers are fully reconciled and fully aligned
- Ability to meet strict deadlines, enforce deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
- Undertake own initiative to constantly improve the role, department and the business
Would you like to apply to this job?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.