- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years ago by efoxripatz.
September 5, 2019 at 8:28 pm #647463efoxripatzGuest
Emergency Medical Technician Eastern Regional Health Authority Sangre Grande
The Emergency Medical Technician will report to the Specialist Medical Officer/Registrar/Head Nurse (Accident & Emergency) at the Sangre Grande Hospital and the Primary Care Physician II/Registrar/Head Nurse within the counties.
NATURE & SCOPE
The Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) provides EMT-B Support (Basic Life Support) to victims of illness/injury, per established standards of care and in accordance to instructions given by a senior Clinical Practitioner. The EMT is responsible for responding to emergency calls and facilitating patient transfer in emergency situations from one health care institution to another. Work would be conducted under the supervision of a Senior Clinical Practitioner at the Accident & Emergency Department and General Practitioner Service.
The Emergency Medical Technician would be required to:
• Utilize ambulances and equipment in accordance with established procedures for the delivery of effective emergency treatment.
• Respond to emergency calls from within the institution and deliver patient care in emergency situations.
• Determine the nature of and the extent of a patient’s illness, injuries and other preexisting conditions and administer appropriate procedures.
• Handle the patient to minimize discomfort and prevent further injury.
• Liaise with Senior Clinician or Nurse in charge in the performance of other duties.
• Stabilize non-life-threatening situations, including managing wounds.
• Obtain appropriate assistance from the Fire Services, Police, and other public safety agencies where applicable.
• Provide receiving hospital or Health Centre staff with oral and written reports (PCR) of observations and patient care provided and assists as required.
• Ensure that personal protective gear is available and operational.
• Provide basic maintenance and upkeep of vehicles and liaise with Transport Assistant and Fleet Coordinator.
• Conduct cleaning and decontamination of vehicles’ interior and exterior and their ancillary equipment in accordance with standard operating procedures.
• Operate communication equipment in accordance with the Authority’s Communication procedures.
• Cope with related legal issues as the need arises.
• Perform related work as may be required by the appropriate Authority.
KEY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of emergency vehicle inventory and maintenance procedures.
• Comprehensive knowledge and skills in Basic Life Support (BLS).
• Effective communications skills, both oral and written.
• Ability to cope with related legal issues as the need arises.
• Ability to think clearly under pressure and make appropriate decisions.
• Ability to move medical equipment and load lift and/or carry patient transport devices under all conditions.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff members, volunteer providers and the general public.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
• Possession of certification as EMT-Basic from a recognized institution.
• At least two (2) years working experience.
• Possession of class 3 and 4 driver’s license.
• Must be between the ages of 25-45.
• Not applicable.
COMMUNICATION AND WORKING RELATIONSHIP
• Registrar, Accident & Emergency Department
• Primary Care Physician II
• Nurse in Charge
• Fleet Coordinator
• Transport Assistant
• Other Health Care Facilities
• Other Regional Health Authorities
SANGRE GRANDE HOSPITAL, ST. ANDREW/ST. DAVID, NARIVA/MAYARO
ACCIDENT AND EMERGENCY
Deadline for submission of applications: September 16, 2019
Eastern Regional Health Authority
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.