- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years, 1 month ago by oneqefay.
August 11, 2019 at 4:01 pm #647422oneqefayGuest
Content Acquisition Manager Digicel Trinidad and Tobago
Job Title: Content Acquisition Manager
Expected Starting Period: Second Quarter 2019
Content Acquisition Manager Digicel Summary/Objective:
The CONTENT ACQUISITION MANAGER will provide support to the company in providing content experiences across all of Digicel Trinidad’s product and service lines. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail; paired with a passion for content and entertainment. The candidate should have a broad knowledge of pop culture, film, TV, music and online video.
This is a demanding and fast-paced role with a lot of growth potential that requires curiosity and significant initiative.
He/She will be a key member of the team licensing content from independent distributors, producers, and studios for streaming on Digicel platforms. He/She will also be responsible for identifying other partners whose content and services would be appropriate for inclusion on Digicel platforms. He/She will be trusted to provide critical support in deal negotiation, execution and management.
The ideal candidate must have strong critical thinking skills that allow for intense attention to detail as well as the ability to see the big picture. Demonstrated mastery of verbal and written communication skills is also important. S/he may be called upon to help negotiate deals and manage external relationships with key partners.
The Content Manager should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, taking the initiative, managing multiple projects, and working under tight timeframes. S/he is also a motivated, self-starter with a keen interest in and aptitude for learning the business.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Identify, source, and evaluate content and distribution opportunities
• Review content catalogs from local entertainment studios, distributors, brands, and creators to help select and secure key titles that will help deliver against aggressive business metrics
• Effectively leverage data analysis around content performance and audience to research and identify business opportunities and effectively communicate findings to key stakeholders to execute plans quickly
• Establish value for content being offered and successfully identify undervalued content that will perform well on Digicel services
• Review the complete content landscape both internally and with our competitors, perform monitory assessments, and assess where we should add or remove content
• Negotiate and execute contracts with content providers
• Represent content interests across the company (operations, legal, finance, analytics/reporting, marketing) on a regular basis and as needed on a project basis.
• Relationship management with existing local music, video, and entertainment partners
• Relationship management with Digicel Group content team
• Maintaining our content database of TV, film, music, digital, and data catalogs (i.e. asset management)
• Willingness to work on things outside your area of interest/expertise
• Work with content ops teams to ensure that all content placements are published by/within their specified times
• Develop market expertise through continuous focus on and knowledge of the competitive and market environment
• Performs related work: the duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to that position.
• Working safely is a continuing condition of employment. Digicel (Trinidad and Tobago) Ltd. is committed to establishing and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment and considers safety to be an integral aspect of every job function. As a condition of your employment, you will be required to observe and fully comply with all HSE rules / policies / procedures and applicable legislative provisions as well as wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) where and when applicable
Content Acquisition Manager Digicel Qualifications:
• Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Economics or related field
• Minimum of five (5) years’ of experience at a major media organization or a performance-based content acquisition role
• Commercial analysis of content value and costs
• Experience in and with the mobile telecommunications sector would be considered a valuable asset.
• An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements.
• Attentive to detail
• Self-motivated and result-oriented approach to work
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary
• Demonstrated ability to have fun and inspire team members to enjoy work, be action oriented, and stretch their imagination
• Knowledge of Digicel Trinidad product and service lines
• Knowledge of legal contracts and their construct
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to strive in a fast-paced and demanding service environment
• Able to operate autonomously and demonstrate initiative in problem solving, decision making and proactive approach to job.
• Strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
• Ability to relate to a diverse working environment
• Computer/Technology savvy a Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc
Digicel Group is a total communications and entertainment provider with operations in 31 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Asia Pacific.
After 18 years of operation, total investment to date stands at over US$5 billion worldwide. The company is renowned for delivering best value, best service and best network.
Digicel also runs a host of community-based initiatives across its markets and has set up Digicel Foundations in Haiti, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea and Trinidad and Tobago which focus on educational, cultural and social development programmes.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.