- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years ago by ifabunug.
August 31, 2019 at 11:16 am #647450ifabunugGuest
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER – AUTOMOTIVE
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER – AUTOMOTIVE Job Description
The Business Development Officer is responsible for generating leads, advancing the sales process, closing new business and assisting in the achievement of the Company’s sales goals.
The Business Development Officer will conduct research to identify leads and reach sales targets. This individual will also actively participate in the planning and execution of Company’s marketing activities providing vital input based on his/her interactions with prospects.
- Accountable for meeting sales target from prospective new customers.
- Solicit new business from existing customer database.
- Develop sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential customers.
- Collaborate with appropriate team members to determine necessary strategic sales approaches
- Expand the company’s database of prospects.
- Set up and deliver sales presentations, product/service demonstrations, and other sales actions
- Support marketing efforts such as trade shows, exhibits, and other events.
- Make outbound follow-up calls to existing clients via telephone and email to cross sell and upsell.
- Schedule appointments with potential and existing customers with the goal of acquiring new customers as well as increasing sales to existing customers (i.e. vehicles maintenance/servicing and insurance).
- To learn and fully understand the range of the Company’s products and services to determine customer needs and to promote sales of the products and services that would lead to the achievement of a substantial increase of the Company’s overall sales.
- Emphasize product/service features and benefits and prepare sales reports.
- Attend periodic sales training where applicable.
- Develop and maintain a weekly activity schedule indicating all customer visits and a progress report.
- Any other duties that may be required.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Maintain standards of safety and comply with Company’s Health, Safety & Environment Management System requirements.
- Take reasonable care of own health and safety and that of others in the workplace.
RELATIONSHIPSInternal: Liaise with all peers.
External:Liaise with Customers, COLFIRE, Financial Institutions.
1. Commission based salary – 1.5% of Sale Price, Net of VAT per vehicle
- No commission will be paid on walk-in/phone-in customers
- Commission will only be paid on your marketing/sales/business development efforts.E.g. generation of “outside” the company sales
2. Bonus of $500.00 per vehicle will be paid once sales target is achieved. A base salary of $1,500 per month will be paid.
3. Allowance of $1,000 per month will be paid if no sales are generated. Once, at least one (1) sale is generated, the monthly allowance will not be paid.
4. Servicing of personal vehicle used for work purposes only.
Sales Target: 6 units per month
If Sales Target is achieved, a bonus of $500/vehicle will be paid. If less than 6 units are sold on a monthly basis, no bonus will be paid.
- If 6 units were sold, you will be paid a bonus of $3,000 for the month
- If 7 units were sold, you will be paid $3,500, etc.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Customer focus and sales-oriented skills
- High level of professionalism and integrity
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Effective verbal, listening and communications skills
- Computer skills
- Social Media savvy
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to operate under pressure, achieve goals and meet deadlines
- Ability to take initiative with minimal direction
- Ability to function effectively in a team-based environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good interpersonal skills
Must possess a valid Drivers Permit and Functioning VehicleQUALIFICATIONS:Education: BSc/BA on Management Studies or related field.
Associates Degree/Diploma in a related field will be considered.Experience: Minimum of three (3) years working experience in a related field.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.