Tagged: 555, British American Tobacco, Dunhill, FMCG, Kent, Legal & External Affairs, Legal Coordinator, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall, Peter, Rothmans, State Express 555, Stuyvesant, Tobacco, Vape, Vogue, West Indian Tobacco
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years, 8 months ago by iwefavoga.
February 9, 2019 at 5:38 pm #744537iwefavogaGuest
Legal Coordinator, British American Tobacco, Trinidad and Tobago
Country Trinidad and Tobago
Function Legal & External Affairs
Job Type Fixed Term
Contractual Legal Entity West Indian Tobacco
If your goal is to become a valued business partner and support the development of strong, control and legal awareness to enable strategic decision taking, this position is waiting for you.
As a Legal Coordinator for The West Indian Tobacco Company, you will be responsible for the interpretation of the current legal environment and will advise the company on compliance matters. You will ensure the business unit adheres to the guidelines set by the group’s central legal function and provide support for the Implementation of regulation strategies while ensuring effective internal communication that supports core objectives and adds business value.
The main responsibilities of the position will be to
• Provide legal guidance on matters of risk, business ethics, and good governance.
• Support the drafting and reviewing of legal documents and contracts for the company, maintenance of the online contract management system and preparation of contract reports for Leadership teams.
• Have a good understanding of, and provide legal support, guidance, monitoring, and advice on matters of risk, ethics and good governance. This includes but is not limited to the BAT and local policies including the Standards of Business Conduct (SOBC), the Statement of Delegated Authorities (SODA), Whistleblowing and the Anti-Bribery and Corruption policy (ABAC).
• Improve working relations with all key stakeholders in order to strengthen partnerships.
• Minimum qualification of a completed Bachelor of Laws Degree and/or a LEC.
• At least 2 years working experience in a legal position preferably in an FMCG or commercial organization.
• Experience in a risk, audit or compliance environment preferred.
• Good knowledge of Company Secretarial functions.
• Awareness of the latest developments in the local market with regard to legislative developments.
• Sound technical knowledge on Records Management principles and systems.
• Computer proficiency (MS Office compulsory)
British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans – along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, glo and Voke
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.