- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 11 months ago by Petrvob.
October 10, 2019 at 4:14 am #791929PetrvobGuest
AMPLIA SENIOR VOICE ENGINEER VACANCY
SENIOR VOICE ENGINEER AMPLIA COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED
SENIOR VOICE ENGINEER
The Senior Voice Engineer will be responsible for playing a leading role in the design, deployment, operation and maintenance of AMPLIA Communications Ltd voice infrastructure.
- Responsible for design, deployment, operation and maintenance of AMPLIA’s telephony network and infrastructure inclusive of switching and signalling components and telephony based applications and servers.
- Takes lead on project management in relation to any upgrades or implementations related to AMPLIA’s Telephony infrastructure.
- Implements service deployment for internal and external customers on telephony infrastructure via configuration or installation of services for Hosted PBX, Voice Trunks, Voicemail, Contact Center platforms.
- Lead all aspects of the implementation of Fixed Number Portability.
- Takes lead on ensuring continuous availability of telephony services by ensuring monitoring, reporting, support and maintenance processes are optimized.
- Evaluate, design and implement any migration, redundancy, disaster recovery, business continuity and long-term growth options.
- Takes lead on ensuring accurate and updated documentation of all telephony infrastructure resources and equipment.
- Develops and maintains capacity planning measures to ensure network and trunk resources afford the highest quality of existing and forecasted services.
- Works with enterprise customers, international and local carriers to resolve issues beyond our internal control.
- Works with internal support teams to identify recurrent telephony related issues, identify and develop troubleshooting guidelines with corresponding resolution paths.
- Be the escalation point for voice related residential, enterprise, local carrier and international carrier issues.
- Take lead on ensuring voice performance metrics and properly monitored and reported.
- Takes lead on ensuring billing systems for voice services are fully operational and also providing any billing reconciliation reports required.
- Research, gather and compile relevant technical information, including key cost elements, to enhance, modify and maintain core domestic and international network, data systems and telecommunications systems.
- Assist in the development of strategic network plans by studying company requirements and growth plans, and by designing and engineering network systems and feature functionality.
- Maintain customer service by studying customer satisfaction surveys, solving problems and developing technical system improvements.
- Assist in technical components of all regulatory submissions, for both the existing network and planned network enhancements.
- Assist in preparation for disasters by identifying potential problems, developing response plans and managing crises.
- Actively participate in all technical and engineering meetings, providing insightful and strategic contributions to all network planning troubleshooting or other technical / engineering issues.
- Protect the organization’s value by keeping information confidential, securing network facilities and operations.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- BSc Engineering/Computer Science/Information Technology/equivalent – required, unless adequate experience is delivered
- 5 years plus Voice/Telephony engineering experience in the Telecommunications industry with extensive knowledge of PSTN and protocols – SS7, SIP, ISDN, CAS, VOIP, PRI Soft switches and SBCs
- Cisco CCVP, Avaya Certification or equivalent certification with experience administering Carrier Class or enterprise PBXs – Avaya, Cisco
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Visio, Excel
- Commitment to work on a 24-hour on-call basis
- Experience working with Media Gateway Controllers, Trunking Gateway, SIP,SS7, VOIP and traditional call flows and signalling protocols which include: MGCP, SCCP, H.323/SIP/H.248, RTP, Voice TDM including: ISDN, T1/T3, DTMF, FXS/FXO.
- Experience with embedded operating systems, Linux, Solaris, and Windows operating systems, relational databases, and routing protocols
- Strong hands-on knowledge of SIP, RTP and TCP/IP protocols
- Strong understanding of VoIP QoS issues and mitigation strategies
- Ability to perform SIP debugging with Wireshark and other tools. Capture and analyze SIP and RTP traces to isolate and resolve issues
- Experience with Session Border Controllers (SBC), Softswitches and SIP servers
- Must be able to multi-task and work efficiently in time sensitive, high pressure situations
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT
- Vehicle required for position as driving to customer sites/POP locations and periodic visits to the outside plant network will be required.
- Long hours beyond usual work hours may be required.
- Emergency and planned mainatenance activities during off hours may be required.
Powered by Embed YouTube Video
By Deshara Pariag, Counsellor, .”The Centre of Disease Control and prevention has distinguished a difference between mental health and mental illness.” There is potential for anyone globally to be impacted by mental health difficulties and more than half of adults experience diagnosable mental health illnesses each year.
What are the chances of success if you live in a poverty-stricken community? We hear people talk about their place of residence being the main reason they fail at school, work or as parents. Is being poor a viable reason for aggressive behaviour, a disrespectful attitude, bad grades, unemployment, or criminal actions?
AMPLIA SENIOR VOICE ENGINEER VACANCY
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.