Kale and pomegranate are two foods that have been dubbed “super foods”. This is because of the fact that they are so healthy. Here is a simple, healthy, tasty recipe that combines the flavors and benefits of both.
Estimated preparation time: 10 minutes
4 large leaves kale
1 small pomegranate
1 large tomato
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
Trim kale by cutting leaves away from the tough stems; wash leaves and slice finely kale leaves.
Dice tomatoes, remove arils from pomegranate and extract juice from lime.
Add kale, lime juice and salt to a large bowl.
Toss the kale with the until it softens.
Add tomato, pomegranate and oil to kale, toss the salad to mix, then leave to rest for 10 minutes.
Serve Kale and Pomegranate with toast or as a side dish with lunch.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING
CARBS 11.6 g
SUGAR 5.6 g
TOTAL FAT 7.2 g
Health benefits of Kale
In recent times kale has become a very popular food, and if you are familiar with the health benefits of consuming it you may understand why. Here is a brief list of the benefits to your diet. Kale is:
- Low in calories, high in fiber and has zero fat. 1 cup has only 36 calories, 5 grams of fiber and 0 grams of fat. It is great for aiding in digestion and elimination with its great fiber content. It is one of the easiest ways to help with constipation. It contains nutrients like, antioxidants, vitamins A, C and K, folate and magnesium. Just adding it to your meals would help keep you fuller longer and maybe keep that New Year resolution.
- High in iron, it has more iron than beef. Iron is essential for the formation of haemoglobin and enzymes. Which is needed for cell growth and proper liver function.
- High in Vitamin K which has been known to protect against various cancers. Vitamin K is also
- necessary for a wide variety of bodily functions including normal bone health and blood clotting. Also increased levels of vitamin K has been known to help some people suffering from Alzheimer’s.
- Filled with antioxidants, such as carotenoids and flavonoids help protect against various cancers.
- A great anti-inflammatory. 1 cup of kale is filled with 10% of the recommended daily allowance of omega-3 fatty acids, which help, fight against arthritis, asthma and other autoimmune disorders.
- Great for cardiovascular support, eating it can help lower cholesterol levels.
- High in Vitamin A, which is great for your vision, skin and preventing lung and oral cavity cancers.
- High in Vitamin C, which is very helpful for your immune system, your metabolism and hydration.
- High in calcium, pound per pound it has more calcium than milk, which aids in preventing bone loss, preventing osteoporosis and maintaining a healthy metabolism.
- A great as a detox food, filled with fiber and sulfur, both great for detoxifying your body and keeping the liver healthy.
January 2017 www.sweettntmagazine.com
You may also like:
- Chicken Salad Sandwich for breakfast
- Avocado and Mango Salsa for lunch
- Kale and Pomegranate Salad recipe
- Try a Fruit Salad with Five Fingers or Starfruit
- Split peas soup touches the spot!
- Rich and creamy corn soup recipe
- Fish broth a remedy for almost anything
- Souse! It’s not just a pork thing anymore
- Callaloo soup a delicious, healthy meal
- So the man could bubble a pot
Casseroles and One Pots
GALAXY S21 5G VS GALAXY S21+ 5G VS GALAXY S21 ULTRA 5G SPECS
|Galaxy S21||Galaxy S21 Plus||Galaxy S21 Ultra|
|Display size, resolution||6.2-inch Flat FHD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity-O Display (2,400×1,080 pixels),||6.7-inch Flat FHD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X (2,400×1,080 pixels)||6.8-inch Edge WQHD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X (3,200×1,440 pixels),|
|Pixel density||421 ppi||394 ppi||515 ppi|
|Dimensions (Inches)||2.80×5.97×0.31 in||2.97×6.35×0.30 in||2.97×6.50×0.35 in|
|Dimensions (Millimeters)||71.2×151.7×7.9 mm||75.6×161.5×7.8 mm||75.6×165.1×8.9 mm|
|Weight (Ounces, Grams)||6.03 oz; 171g||7.12 oz; 202g||8.07 oz; 229 g|
|Mobile software||Android 11||Android 11||Android 11|
|Camera||64-megapixel (telephoto), 12-megapixel (wide-angle), 12-megapixel (ultra-wide)||64-megapixel (telephoto), 12-megapixel (wide-angle), 12-megapixel (ultra-wide)||108-megapixel (wide-angle), 12-megapixel (ultra-wide), 10-megapixel (telephoto), 10-megapixel (telephoto)|
|Processor||Snapdragon 888 or 64-bit Octa-Core Processor 2.8GHz (Max 2.4GHz +1.8GHz)||Snapdragon 888 or 64-bit Octa-Core Processor 2.8GHz (Max 2.4GHz +1.8GHz)||Snapdragon 888 or 64-bit Octa-Core Processor 2.8GHz (Max 2.4GHz +1.8GHz)|
|Battery||4,000 mAh||4,800 mAh||5,000 mAh|
|Special features||IP68 rating, 5G-enabled, 30X Space Zoom, 10W wireless charging,||IP68 rating, 5G-enabled, 30X Space Zoom, 10W wireless charging,||IP68 rating, 5G-enabled, 100X Space Zoom, 10W wireless charging, 10x optical zoom; S Pen support|