- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years ago by supereblanMut.
January 8, 2019 at 4:57 pm #710936supereblanMutGuest
Vacancy Registrar Accident and Emergency NCRHA (Arima & Chaguanas)
The North-Central Regional Health Authority (NCRHA) is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified professional for the position of Vacancy Registrar Accident and Emergency NCRHA
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Registrar Accident and Emergency at the North-Central Regional Health Authority (NCRHA).
Registrar Accident and Emergency (ARIMA & CHAGUANAS)
Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of in and out patients. Work involves contributing to and executing management care plans for patients in the unit. Also, responsible for the daily management and control of the wards, in-patients, out-patients and specialty clinics.
Registrar Accident and Emergency Main Responsibilities:
- Consults with the organisational relationship to ensure that the daily clinical operations are effectively organised, monitored and controlled.
- Performs regular clinical rounds with the medical team to assess patients’ day to day management and care.
- Collaborates and communicates with the senior nursing staff to ensure the best nursing practices in the management of patients under care.
- Supervises the performance of House Officers when on call and monitors all seriously ill patients within the shortest possible time.
- Supervises at least one clinical round during each twelve-hour session.
- Recommends intelligent and cost effective use of the Laboratory/Radiological services and such contributions to diagnose and manage inherent reliability.
- Ensures that Laboratory/Radiological forms are adequately annotated to assist such staff in providing optimal services.
- Supervises the use of drugs and their efficacy and duration in patient care and ensures prevention of their abuse.
- Ensures proper communication to all patients on the nature of their illnesses and the outlook in the treatment of their well-being, so that they understand the full extent of their recovery/disability as may be the case.
- Ensures that all patients are treated in accordance with the Patient Charter Standards.
- Ensures that all case discharge summaries are promptly written, and are accurate, relevant and concise, and must be countersigned.
- Keeps the Consultant informed of any difficulties that may arise in the management of any patient and seeks such assistance.
- Supervises and assesses the clinical competences of House Officers and Interns and sensitises the Consultant.
- Monitors and checks the accuracy of histories and physical examination findings of the House Officers and reviews their standards of note-keeping.
- Coaches and initiates knowledge sharing to House Officers and Interns assigned to the unit in collaboration with other Consultants.
- Guides, monitors and recommends to House Officers and Interns, appropriate management practices in patient care.
- Assists the Consultant with the research projects.
- Adheres to the professional code of conduct, Medico-legal principles and human resources policies and procedures of the Authority.
- Attends and participates in teaching clinics, rounds and lectures.
- Performs other related duties as directed by the organisational relationship.
Registrar Accident and Emergency Minimum Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- Postgraduate DM in Emergency Medicine in the relevant specialist field, evidenced by registration with Specialist status with the Medical Board of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Minimum of five (5) years postgraduate experience/training in the area of specialisation.
- Where sub-specialisation is indicted or required, proficiency in this area should be indicated during the Postgraduate training period.
* Certificates acquired at foreign universities MUST be supported by certified transcripts as well as evidence that the completed programme is accredited in Trinidad and Tobago
Applications must be submitted along with Curriculum Vitae and copies of certificates by
January 16, 2019 to:
Office of the General Manager, Human Resources
North-Central Regional Health Authority
Building #39, Third Floor
Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex
Unsuitable/late applications will not be acknowledged.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.