Tagged: Executive Associate, Latin America & the Caribbean, UN Jobs, UNDP, UNDP jobs, UNDP Resident Representative and Assistant Resident Representative (Programme), UNDP Vacancy, United Nations Development Programme, United Nations Development Programme Vacancies, United Nations Trinidad
May 30, 2020 at 12:50 pm #837550celinda24zParticipant
UNDP Executive Associate Vacancy
TitleExecutive Associate to the UNDP Resident Representative and Assistant Resident Representative (Programme)ManagementVacancy End Date(Midnight New York, USA)10/06/2020Port of Spain, Trinidad and TobagoEducation & Work ExperienceC-HS Graduate or Equivalent – 7 year(s) experienceRequired:Desired:EnglishGradeG6Vacancy TypeFTA LocalPosting TypeExternalBureauLatin America & the CaribbeanContract Duration1 Year with possibility for extensionOpen only to nationals of Trinidad and Tobago
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Resident Representative (RR), the Executive Associate to the RR ensures effective and efficient functioning of the RR’s office, full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment, maintenance of protocol procedures, management of information flow and follow-up on deadlines and commitments made.
The Executive Associate to the RR works in close collaboration with UNDP staff, UN Agencies and national authorities to ensure efficient flow of information, actions on instructions and agendas. The Executive Associate also provides secretarial and administrative support to the Assistant Resident Representative (Programme) (ARR(P)).
*for purposes of this Job Description senior management denotes the office of RR and ARR(P).
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Ensures effective and efficient functioning of the senior management office*
- Ensures provision of effective communications support to the Country Office
- Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and management
1. Ensures effective and efficient functioning of the senior management office* focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Ensure smooth meeting and event management, including relationship management for the senior management office.
- Maintenance of the senior management calendar, contacts with high-ranking visitors, arrangement of appointments and meetings and/or taking minutes/notes and arranges for proper follow up.
- Maintenance of protocol and administrative procedures.
- Preparation of high-quality briefing materials, including presentations (using Power Point and other Microsoft Office softwares), for senior management for appointments, meetings, missions.
- Scheduling of regular staff meetings, management meetings, preparation and circulation of agendas, preparation of highlights/minutes.
- Management of senior management’s missions and representation schedule, arrangement of all travel arrangements, if necessary.
- Maintenance of rosters and professional profiles of high-level partners, contact database, and telephone lists;
- Preparation of correspondence, directives, comments on behalf of senior management for his/her signature and making follow-up when required.
- Compiles research background substantive material and documentation for use in discussions, mission, briefings, press meetings, conferences, workshops, and missions.
- Receives, screens, logs and routes correspondence, attaches necessary background information.
- Facilitates logistics of high-level missions to the Trinidad and Tobago Country Office (CO) and the territories that they serve, trainings and workshops.
- Use of automated office management systems for effective functioning of the senior management office.
- Procurement of office supplies/office services required for smooth functioning of the senior management office through the Operations Unit.
- May act as administrative LPAC support for the CO.
- May be called upon to provide administrative support to the programme and/or operations teams, based on an agreement with the senior management office.
- Provides support services to Officer in Charge as designated
2. Ensures provision of effective communications support to the Country Office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials. Use of automated filing system.
- Coordination of the information flow in the office; and internal communication.
- Facilitation of information sharing among the CO and the territories covered by the CO and the Regional Bureau.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to the senior management office.
- Provides advice to the senior management office and the CO as a whole on all national and UN related protocol procedures.
3. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Organization of trainings to the CO staff on coordination, administration and protocol issues
Competencies and Selection Criteria
Description of Competency at Level Required
(For more comprehensive descriptions please see the competency inventory)
In this section list all 5 core competencies as well as the most relevant technical/function competencies the role will require along with the appropriate level. Primary competencies are those integral to the position and are the criteria by which a hiring decision would be made. Secondary competencies are necessary but are not critical to the role. Core Innovation
Ability to make new and useful ideas work
Level 3: Apply & Adapt (Recognised contributor with demonstrated ability) Leadership
Ability to persuade others to follow
Level 3: Apply & Adapt (Recognised contributor with demonstrated ability) People Management
Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
Level 3: Apply & Adapt (Recognised contributor with demonstrated ability) Communication
Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
Level 3: Apply & Adapt (Recognised contributor with demonstrated ability) Delivery
Ability to get things done
Level 3: Apply & Adapt (Recognised contributor with demonstrated ability) Technical/Functional Primary Building Strategic Partnerships
Analyses general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
Level 3: Apply & Adapt (Recognised contributor with demonstrated ability) Promoting Organisational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
Documents innovative strategies and new approaches
Level 3: Apply & Adapt (Recognised contributor with demonstrated ability) Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
Possesses basic knowledge of organisational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, elaboration and implementation of new data management systems
Level 3: Apply & Adapt (Recognised contributor with demonstrated ability) Promoting Organizational Change and Development
Documents ‘best practices’ in organizational change and development within and outside the UN system
Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
Level 3: Apply & Adapt (Recognised contributor with demonstrated ability) Design and Implementation of Management Systems
Uses information/databases/other management systems
Provides inputs to the development of simple system components
Level 3: Apply & Adapt (Recognised contributor with demonstrated ability) Client Orientation
Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
Organises and priorities work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
Responds to client needs promptly
Excellent communication skills
Level 3: Apply & Adapt (Recognised contributor with demonstrated ability) Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
Prepares timely inputs to reports
Level 3: Apply & Adapt (Recognised contributor with demonstrated ability)Required Skills and Experience
Secondary Education with specialised secretarial training. Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration /Management Studies or equivalent would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Secondary education with 6 years of progressively responsible secretarial support to senior management, administrative, programme experience is required at the national or international level.
- Advanced experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc), experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Excellent writing skills
Language Requirements: Fluency in written and oral EnglishDisclaimer
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
We care for all learners – delayed, distracted, unfocussed, accelerated, outspoken, quiet and more. We believe in creating an environment that allows each student to learn at his or her own pace. We aim to bridge the gap between a struggling student at the primary level and their success at exams at the secondary level.
Jobs and vacant positions can be posted here for the whole world to see for free. Have a skill, product or service you would like to offer post it here.
Leave it up to children to run things and you may have yourself a big mess. Shower them with technology to keep them busy and you just might create a monster. Give loads of school work to keep children occupied and they may become resentful. So, what are parents to do?
By Jamie Gangoo , author “The leaves of the zebapique are either soaked in rum or boiled in water and allowed to cool before being drunk. A little salt can be taken after to kill the bitter taste.”
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.