- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years ago by Miawal.
January 28, 2019 at 4:37 pm #728798MiawalGuest
Manager – Financial Control, Royal Bank of CanadaRoyal Bank of Canada, Port-of-Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, PermanentWhat is the opportunity?In this role you will perform the financial control and management reporting functions for a banking subsidiary.
What will you do?
- Responsible for the maintenance of accounting records including processing monthly journals, maintaining supporting documentation and ensuring timely, accurate month end close
- Responsible for completion of month end reporting to Tax and Head Office.
- Complete reconciliations and attestations for Finance assigned accounts
- Prepare management accounts and supporting schedules including variance reporting
- Prepare internal reports for Treasury and Risk Management
- Assist in completion of board reports and other adhoc report requests.
- Responsible for managing the interim and annual audit field work
- Review of draft audited financial statements to ensure compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Ensure that relevant policies, procedures and End User Computing controls of the Finance Control function are updated on a timely basis to ensure adherence to guidelines.
- Key finance contact to liaise with internal business partners in Operations, Service Delivery, Reconciliation Services and other finance teams.
- Manage reputational risk by ensuring compliance with the statutory requirements of the various Banking Acts to which RBC must adhere.
What do you need to succeed?Must-have
- Accounting designation – ACCA, CPA or other similar designation.
- At least five years accounting and audit experience at a manager level.
- Ability to work independently and effectively managing numerous priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel and Word.
- Experience using T24 application, PeopleSoft general ledger and Cognos reporting would be useful.
- Prior knowledge in banking industry would be an asset.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunity to work on complex assignments that broaden your financial acumen
- Access to RBC learning tools
- Gain experience in financial service sector.
About RBCRoyal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit .Join our Talent CommunityStay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at .Inclusion and Equal Opportunity EmploymentRBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.JOB SUMMARYCity: Port of SpainAddress: 7-9 St. Clair AvenueWork Hours/Week: 37.5Work Environment: OfficeEmploymentType: PermanentCareer Level: Experienced Hire/ProfessionalPay Type: SalariedRequired Travel (%): 0-25Exempt/Non-Exempt: N/APeople Manager: NoApplication
Apply here Manager – Financial Control, Royal Bank of Canada
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for a chance to take part in our monthly giveaways
Apply to more job vacancies here
See articles on Trinidad and Tobago here
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.