Tagged: Asia Pacific, CAPEX, Caribbean, Central America, datacenters, Digicel, Digicel Foundation, Digicel vacancy, Haiti, Jamaica, OPEX, Papua New Guinea, Power Engineer, Power Engineer Digicel, switches, Trinidad and Tobago
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years, 6 months ago by admitefecirk.
July 31, 2019 at 4:28 pm #647399admitefecirkGuest
Power Engineer Digicel Vacancy
POWER ENGINEER DIGICEL
Digicel Group is a total communications and entertainment provider with operations in 31 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Asia Pacific.After 18 years of operation, total investment to date stands at over US$5 billion worldwide. The company is renowned for delivering best value, best service and best network.
Digicel also runs a host of community-based initiatives across its markets and has set up Digicel Foundations in Haiti, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea and Trinidad and Tobago which focus on educational, cultural and social development programmes.
Visit http://www.digicelgroup.com for more information..
Job Title: Power Engineer
Expected Starting Period: Second Quarter 2019
The POWER ENGINEER DIGICEL is part of the Power and Facilities (P&F) Team which is responsible for the management and maintenance of the switch, datacenter and cell site infrastructure on Digicel’s network including but not limited to Power, Generator, Environmental and related systems.
The POWER ENGINEER DIGICEL has primary responsibility for the design, implementation, operation, maintenance and support of the Power, Generator and related systems and infrastructure at Digicel’s switches, datacenters and cell site locations to ensure 100% availability.
The POWER ENGINEER DIGICEL holds secondary responsibility for and is expected to be cross trained on the Environmental and other systems and infrastructure as coordinated by the Power and Facilities Manager.
The POWER ENGINEER DIGICEL must have a strong work ethic and must be able to work under pressure. Due to the nature of the business and the criticality of the systems the POWER ENGINEER DIGICEL is expected to respond to emergencies on a 24/7 basis and night time working will be expected as and when required.
POWER ENGINEER DIGICEL Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Planning and Design:
- Proactively reviews the capacity and operation of existing systems and infrastructure and recommends improvements to accommodate current and future needs
- Works with vendors to develop cost-efficient and fit for purpose technical solutions.
- Make recommendations to OPEX and CAPEX budget planning together with supporting management and analysis.
- Make recommendations for energy and cost savings on systems and infrastructure within the Power and Facilities Team Portfolio.
- Responds to, provides updates and resolves faults, incidents and problems in accordance with service-level agreements (SLA’s) on all systems and infrastructure within the Power and Facilities Team Portfolio.
- Perform root cause analyses and execute follow up activities
- Serves as a point of escalation for Field and NOC Engineers
- Interfaces with Power, Generator and related hardware vendors providing Tier 3 support on experienced issues.
3. Operations and Maintenance:
- Ensures that all systems and infrastructure within the Power and Facilities Team Portfolio are properly maintained
- Actively monitors, reports on and resolves alarms other performance events and system logs on all systems and infrastructure within the Power and Facilities Team Portfolio
- Performs Preventative Maintenance routines and immediately follows up on all exceptions.
- Ensures maintenance documentation and recording systems are created and updated.
- Ensures that tools and test equipment are properly maintained and calibrated
- Ensures that an appropriate spares inventory is maintained
- Performs work in a safe, neat and tidy manner and ensures best practices are followed.
4. Change Management
- Plans and execute Change Requests in accordance with the company’s stated policies and procedures
- Develop MOPs and complete Change Requests documentation to meet company’s requirements
- Perform acceptance testing and commissioning of new systems and infrastructure
- Executes and monitors special projects at switches, datacenters and cell sites.
- Documents configurations, as-builts and processes pertaining to all systems and infrastructure within the Power and Facilities Team Portfolio and ensures that these documentation are up to date
5. Contractor and Vendor Management:
- Oversees and manages work performed or services provided by contractors, vendors and suppliers pertaining to all systems and infrastructure within the Power and Facilities Team Portfolio
- Develops, monitors, schedules and reports on maintenance routines and other activities outsourced to contractors
- Manage contractors to ensure that their performance is in accordance with the contractual agreement and standards of Digicel and perform semi-annual appraisal with the contractors.
- Validates and approves contractor invoices and submits same for payment
- Develops and reports on metrics which show system performance and overall compliance to KPIs and standards.
- Develops are reports on preventative maintenance routines
- Develops and reports on contractor routines and contractor performance
- Follow all of the company’s stated policies, procedures and protocols
- Continuously seeks and capitalizes on opportunities to exceed the expectations of customers (internal and external) by placing a keen interest on understanding and effectively resolving customer-impacting issues in a professional and result-oriented manner
- Working safely is a continuing condition of employment. Digicel (Trinidad and Tobago) Ltd. is committed to establishing and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment and considers safety to be an integral aspect of every job function. As a condition of your employment, you will be required to observe and fully comply with all HSE rules / policies / procedures and applicable legislative provisions as well as wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) where and when applicable.
8. Related Work:
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to that position or is a responsibility of the Power and Facilities Team.
POWER ENGINEER DIGICEL Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with a major in Power Systems
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an Electrical Engineering environment
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of DC Power Plants, Inverters, UPS and Generators
- Knowledge with the National Electrical Code, T&TEC and Electrical Inspectorate processes
- Mobile telecommunications sector experience would be considered a valuable asset.
- An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements.
POWER ENGINEER DIGICEL Functional Skills:
- Attentive to detail
- Self-motivated and result-oriented approach to work
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and deliver against competing priorities
- Ability to build strong relationships and work as part of inter-disciplinary teams
- Ability to strive in a fast-paced and demanding service environment
- Able to operate autonomously and demonstrate initiative in problem solving, decision making and proactive approach to job.
- Confidentiality and trustworthiness.
- Initiative and resourcefulness in the conduct of duties.
- Strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to relate to a diverse working environment.
- Computer Literate in a Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Visio Power Point, Outlook, etc)
- Report / business Writing Skills
- Supervisory Skills
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.