“Whatever you are looking for, there’s always something to do in Trinidad and Tobago,” says Ms Shamfa Cudjoe, Minister of Tourism at the launch of the Go Trinbago App at National Academy for the Performing Arts on Wednesday, February 7, 2017. This is the motivation behind the development of the free Go Trinbago travel App.
This mobile app is free to download for both Android and iOS users. It is part of LIME 365 marketing campaign designed to showcase events and festivals to both international and local audiences. This new campaign will be interactive and easy to use. It is available for Android 4.0.3 at Go Trinbago App and iOS at Go Trinbago App.
A call was made for members of the public both at home and abroad to download the Go Trinbago App and help showcase and experience the culture, food and lifestyle that is unique to Trinidad and Tobago.
After installing the app you will notice that it will download a data packet. This allows you to use it both online and offline. This means that if you would like to use the app’s features while on a hike far away from cell phone towers you would be able to do so. This is a very useful feature if you don’t have a data plan or WIFI.
Who should use Go Trinbago
This app is great for someone visiting Trinidad and Tobago for the first time and would like a
convenient way to find his/her way around. There is a well thought out built in map that shows all the points of interest listed in the features above.
It should also be used by persons living in Trinidad and Tobago who wish to experience new wholesome activities locally. You can also create your own itinerary.
Go Trinbago App features
- Lime 365 – a comprehensive calendar of events spanning the entire year giving you access to all that is happening throughout Trinidad and Tobago.
- Go. See. Do. – a listing of over 900 points of interest from bird watching at the Aripo Savannah to hiking at the Rio Seco Waterfall. There is a place and an activity for everyone.
- Carnival – a listing of every fete and Carnival related activity, with time, date and contact information.
- Taste T&T – for the foodies, you will be able to navigate the entire culinary experience that Trinidad and Tobago has to offer. From doubles to fine dining, this app has it all.
- Meeting Facilities – hosting a conference, planning your wedding or just a meeting for two? The Go Trinbago App has a venue that would meet any need.
- Shopping – if you need to find the nearest mall, pharmacy, etc, the shopping feature will get you on your way to finding what you need.
- Explore. Escape. – helps you experience the rich culture and history of Trinidad and Tobago through a list of hands-on cultural activities and tours.
- Where to Stay – showcases the accommodation options in Trinidad and Tobago. The listing ranges from luxury 5 start rooms to cosy bed and breakfast places so you can choose th
e accommodation that suits your needs.
- Getting Around – helps you rent/lease a car, find fuel stations or call on a taxi. If you wish to use public transportation it also will help with ferry tickets between islands as well using the private transport fleet.
- Need Assistance – lists all emergency contact info for the respective local agency as well as contact info for the Tobago House of Assembly, TDC and Ministry of Tourism.
- Augmented Reality – one of the first applications to embrace the future of mobile content. The Go Trinbago App has AR functionality.
- Around me – helps you find events, festivals, activities and food in your immediate proximity.
The Go Trinbago App also allows the user to add new locations and to rate existing ones. You may capture, post and share photos of your experiences at locations and events throughout Trinidad and Tobago.
You may also like: